Outdoors
Sponsored by

Girlfriend wants to use the boat for tubing...

12,654 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 806aggie18
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Am I being a stick in the mud?

I was raised that boats are used for fishing exclusively especially on the coast and if you wanted to tube/water ski you might as well get a Jet Ski. Well, she is from Tennessee and water sports are huge so she is trying to convince me to take some friends out and skip fishing for a weekend and just tube and wake board.
- RIP SEABASS
- VADER WAS MISUNDERSTOOD
Matsui
AG
WTF

tubing is perfectly normal
giddings_ag_06
AG
Yes, it's not all about you. Make her happy.
hawk-aggie
AG
Don't be a stick.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Hmmm. Other women in bikini's on my boat? Uhhhh................................what is fishing?
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Na Zdrav 87 said:

Hmmm. Other women in bikini's on my boat? Uhhhh................................what is fishing?
Can happen when we fish?
- RIP SEABASS
- VADER WAS MISUNDERSTOOD
Caliber
AG
You're well past being a stick in the mud if you don't think you can use a boat for recreation outside of fishing.

Get her out having fun on the boat and you get to have more fun on a boat and maybe even fish more in the future.
cledus6150
AG
Yep stick in the mud, we have always utilized our boats for water sports as well. Whether it was the bass boat or now the TranSport, they fit the bill just fine to pull tubers and wake boarders/skiers.
aggielostinETX
AG
Collard Greens said:

I was raised that boats are used for fishing exclusively especially on the coast and if you wanted to tube/water ski you might as well get a Jet Ski. Well, she is from Tennessee and water sports are huge so she is trying to convince me to take some friends out and skip fishing for a weekend and just tube and wake board.
You must be fun at parties.... and Jet Ski's suck for Skiing and tubing
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Worst boating day of my life (and there have been a few bad ones) was in high school taking the 60's era fiberglass fishing boat that dad and I restored out with some friends to go tubing. A couple of hours of putting slack in the rope then yanking taut to launch the tube managed to pull the transom off the gunnel. Thankfully we were close to shore- it nearly sank at the end of the Conroe boat ramp before I could get it loaded.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
JAG03
AG
Your boat must have a great trolling motor.
ENG
AG
A happy girlfriend on your boat along with others bikini clad girls can only pay off in the future and will secure a good day on the boat fishing with the lady friend

Definitely a win
aggielostinETX
AG
Collard Greens said:

I guess we really need a pic of the GF to make the correct determination.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
This won't end well for OP
SanAntoneAg
AG
When my kids were little I'd pull them on a tube at Choke with our 13' Whaler. It was a fishing boat.
Gig 'em! '90
powerbelly
AG
aggiebob0303 said:

Your boat must have a great trolling motor.

Underrated comment
civilized05
AG
Something, something.....rules and whatnot.

Oh yeah, and major stick in the mud. It's a boat. Have fun with it any way you can, otherwise I'll go rent a boat for the weekend and tell your bikini clad girlfriend and all her bikini clad friends to come out on my boat. Tops optional of course.
CW Griswold
Collard Greens said:

WTF is wrong with you?
zooguy96
Live in Tennessee. They usually have boats specific to each activity. They are a bit crazy. My BIL has 4 boats.
Brush Country
Collard Greens said:

she is from Tennessee and water sports are huge

She sounds like my kind of girl.
Post removed:
by user
Tagguy
AG
Huge stick in the mud and possibly one somewhere else too.
CTGilley
AG
Brush Country said:

Collard Greens said:

she is from Tennessee and water sports are huge

She sounds like my kind of girl.
Rule 1

and you are being a dumb ass.

I grew up fishing all morning and skiing after when we were in fresh water. Leaned to knee board behind a john boat with a 35 merc, ski behind a Sea Dart, and pulled people behind my Bass Tracker at 14.

(He is trolling, right?)
BigPuma
AG
AgEng06
AG
Hey Collard, keep your trolling **** off of the OB.
Ramrod
AG
third coast.. said:

this is hands down the absolute stupidest ****ing question i have ever seen posed on this board. I am in awe. honestly. good job OP.
Seems to be par for the course for OP based on other sections of this forum.
Cobra39
TexAgs can help you here.....but they cannot be with you 24-7. You will have to work on your own at some point.

Cobra39
Thisguy1
AgEng06 said:

Go look at every thread Collard has ever started. Biggest troll on here. You'll only see a fraction because he's changed his name so many times.
DDSO
AG
Thisguy1 said:

AgEng06 said:

Go look at every thread Collard has ever started. Biggest troll on here. You'll only see a fraction because he's changed his name so many times.
Is this Vader?
RO519
AG
Cromagnum
AG
Kenneth_2003
AG
Tell you what. You sit on the dock and fish to your little hearts content.

I'll take your girlfriend and her lady friends out for a nice day on your boat and let them tube and waterski to their hearts content. I'll even buy the fuel and stock the cooler.

Deal?
88jrt06
AG
Collard's trolling motor is supertanker-rated.
NoahAg
This thread has the makings of a hit Luke Bryan song.

Girlfriend wants to tube
And I just want to fish
So let's break out the lube
And you can grant my wiiiisssssh!
Whitetail
AG
Solid troll.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.