Outdoors
Sponsored by

OB fun day/opening weekend dove hunt in CS meetup?

3,545 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by skelso
Watchful Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MP5 clone?
XpressAg09
AG
This thread has been added to your Watch List.
Max06
AG
Watchlisted
CactusThomas
DatTallArchitect
AG
skelso said:

Or just an OB gathering / shoot when the weather is cooler?

I have the property secured.
If we pick a date they are available, I will bring in a flurry trailer and we'll have a clay competition
We can setup a small pistol / rifle range and can even do some night shooting with NV and thermal
We can provide lunch / dinner or have a big pot luck.
I would be down for this, depending on when/how much advance notice.
dr_boogs
AG
Your MP5 clone shows up and I am there. Can't decide between the MPX and a Turkish import MP5 clone.
CharlieBrown17
AG
If we're just playing with toys I'll probably be there with an AR or two, a few handguns,and my weatherby 12 ga
dr_boogs
AG
Skelso - I'm in if it's Sept 9. The Nichols st game kick time will probably affect the plan, right? I may have 2 interested in a day dove hunt on the 9th at your lease if you have room.
skelso
AG
Watchful Ag suggested the 9th and it is actually a good day for both Texian and me. I'm a little worried about turnout due to being a home game but there will be some conflict for some folks no matter what day we pick so we are working up details for that day.

As Texian posted, we will provide more details next week...

CTGilley
AG
Just my $0.02 but if yall really want to do a home game and a night shoot, the 11am kick the following week may be better. That will give people time to go to the game and get out there by 4-5. That would give time for clays/hunt before it gets dark.

Personally, I like an away game. I could be helpful acquiring a TV & Dish if that is something you want.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Watchful Ag said:

MP5 clone?

If I can come I will bring it.

Not 100% sure about Sep 9th, I'll have to check.

I was thinking I'd bring lightweight AR, 20" A4, MP5 clone, the CZs and my red dot glock...maybe tavor if anyone has any interest in it, and maybe my 12" G3k pistol.

I even have something non AR or pistol related for busting clays with.
BenderRodriguez
AG
CTGilley said:

Personally, I like an away game.

I agree, just because I'll be traveling.

So my options are pay $$$$ for a room or drive back home after the day is done, which doesn't sound like a lot of fun.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
We are looking to have some camping set up on site. Here's the thing... if we wait until a non-game weekend... it'll be late in the season. Without talking about it too much right now, I don't think lodging will be an issue.
skelso
AG
I wanted it to be an away game weekend as well but the schedule this year doesn't work well for that. I'm also not sure I would want to depend on people to come out AFTER a game...

The thermal range is not a must-do, was just an idea if people are interested. Truth is, shooting thermal mid day and at night is exactly the same, all that changes is people's wow factor. I'm not opposed to skipping the night shoot and doing it Sunday Sept 10, with a mid-morning start so folks can drive in from out of town that morning if they wish.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.