Outdoors
Sponsored by

OB fun day/opening weekend dove hunt in CS meetup?

3,518 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by skelso
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Was talking to Kelso before the break in about this and just now had a chance to finish up the convo with him. He has a field that can accommodate 30 hunters.

Would there be interest in a dove hunt/fun day (5 stand, optics demos, etc)/food/watching the Ags BTHO UCLA together? It would be Sat Sept 2nd. Morning hunt, lunch, 5 Stand, get together, other activities, dinner, then have a couple tvs brought out and watch the game scenario? We would 100% be keeping the pricing for the day under $100. I'm thinking trying to hit about $75. It'll be a BYOB thing with no alcohol being allowed to be brought out until after the shooting is 100% over.
DeBoss
AG
Sign me up right now.
- If you are going to do something stupid, be smart about it.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
And if a spouse or someone wanted to come out for the rest of the day, I'm sure we can swing something.
AggieArcher17
AG
Game is Sunday no?
GSS
Texas A&M vs UCLA
Sunday, September 3, 6:30 PM on FOX
Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I originally thought it was sunday then looked up the schedule and saw the 2nd. Not sure where I got the bad info from but ok, that was wrong. We can do it on sunday instead if everyone wants to watch the game but that would be a late night for anyone travelling in and staying. Or we can still do that saturday minus the game but still do the extra stuff. Depending on how many people would be coming, I'm thinking we would be able to get some demo stuff out... either have a few optic companies send demos in or maybe (if we have the room) get sig out. The rep for sig is based in CS and is an Ag so would be an easy thing for him.
drummer0415
AG
IN
clinte234
AG
In!
BenderRodriguez
AG
Not 100% if I'm free but I'm interested
ironmanag
AG
Totally in with my son if possible.
CTGilley
A.G.S.
AG
In!
dr_boogs
AG
Will be in our honey hole in Coleman county. Otherwise in.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Guys... don't call Shawn yet! Him and I are still working out details of this. It may actually work out better to do the next weekend since it's a night game... hunt in the morning, five stand in the afternoon, those that have tickets to go to the game can go and then the rest can "tailgate" together and watch it.

Just got a somewhat frantic call from him... "Dude, my phone is going off the hook! What did you post?" I'm pretty sure it's going to happen in one way shape or form, but we're looking into the options now.
BigPuma
gig em 02
I am confident that y'all don't want to spend an entire day with me
saltydog13
AG
Hmmmm. Very interested! Finally have every opening weekend off this year with the exception of early teal
snizzler22
AG
Interested as well!
TheVarian
AG
Heck yes. Maybe two if the old man will want to go
dr_boogs
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Guys... don't call Shawn yet! Him and I are still working out details of this. It may actually work out better to do the next weekend since it's a night game... hunt in the morning, five stand in the afternoon, those that have tickets to go to the game can go and then the rest can "tailgate" together and watch it.

Just got a somewhat frantic call from him... "Dude, my phone is going off the hook! What did you post?" I'm pretty sure it's going to happen in one way shape or form, but we're looking into the options now.

I'm in if it's the next weekend. Would be....ahem..... a blast.
skelso
AG
Since Eyeguy let the cat out of the bag...

We are working on something. However, we have just begun to plan it all out. I have some parameters to work around such as the fact that I strictly limit the number of hunters that can be on the property each day. To suddenly have an event with double or more that amount of people would not be fair to my season lease hunters. I do have some ideas though. Input from y'all would help with the planning.

1) We can't have the event opening weekend. I already have hunts sold that weekend and will have my hands full making sure those folks are taken care of. That said, I do still have some day hunt spots avaialble opening weekend if anyone is interested. Cost is $75 per person per day which includes lunch.

2) I think a away game weekend would be better than a home game weekend so those coming in from out of town would have a reasonable chance to find a hotel room. Looking at the schedule, the next away game is the Florida game Oct 14. Would y'all still be interested if we did it that late in the season, or would you rather we do it on a home game weekend?

3) I have some nearby property where we can probably host the event, so numbers would not have to be as limited, and it's huntable but it does not have food plots, etc like the property we dove hunt. If you are interested in coming, are you just interested in the gathering / range stuff, or would you want to dove hunt as well?

4) I can propably line up a manufacturer or two to bring out some of the night vision and thermal I sell. Would anyone be interested in an after dark shoot?
ironmanag
AG
If its not opening weekend Im out. Have obligations rest of the season.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I'd probably be in, also would be in if y'all need a college kid to come help set up or anything similar.
BigPuma
AG
Sept 23rd game is in Jerry World
water turkey
There won't be a dove left in the county by Sept 23rd.
CaptnCarl
AG
I'm interested. Been looking for a place to hunt dove in the Houstonish area.
AgsMnn
AG
I've been wanting to do a "Wild Game" party to start a hunting season off. Everyone pitches in food of some sort as long as it is wild game.

skelso
AG
Folks, we are still trying to pull something together for this. I don't mind doing a home game weekend but not sure how many that were interested would be coming from out of town and need lodging. I doubt there will be any rooms available, that anyone but Ursus would want to sleep in, nearby on a game weekend.

Do y'all want to do something in conjunction with dove season? Or just an OB gathering / shoot when the weather is cooler?

I have the property secured.
If we pick a date they are available, I will bring in a flurry trailer and we'll have a clay competition
We can setup a small pistol / rifle range and can even do some night shooting with NV and thermal
We can provide lunch / dinner or have a big pot luck

We are open to suggestions. Obviously the cost per person will be dependent upon what all we provide.

I-Haul
AG
Sounds good, SKelso. Barring any other commitments, I would be up for it.
Tursiops93
AG
Once a date is settled on, I will be able to find out if the wife will let me!
CTGilley
AG
In
aggie4231
AG
I don't hunt, I know it's blashmey. But I'd be interested in slinging some lead down range.
Watchful Ag
AG
Sunday, September 9th?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
More info coming next week!
BenderRodriguez
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

More info coming next week!

Depending on when it is and if I can come I'd be happy to bring lots of loaner guns, help with some cooking, whatever.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.