Outdoors
Sponsored by

Need a maroon Kryptek

3,518 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DatTallArchitect
TxAggie72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am looking to have some vinyl printed to make a wrap for my target bow stabilizers. I am thinking a Maroon kryptek pattern would look killer. I was thinking something like Kryptek Pontus or Inferno but with Maroon/Gray or Maroon/White/Gray. Could anyone here create something like that?

helloag99
TxAggie72 said:

I am looking to have some vinyl printed to make a wrap for my target bow stabilizers. I am thinking a Maroon kryptek pattern would look killer. I was thinking something like Kryptek Pontus or Inferno but with Maroon/Gray or Maroon/White/Gray. Could anyone here create something like that?

'72 still shooting a bow is impressive!

TxAggie72
AG
72 means something else. I am class of '00.

Any graphic design guys, any ideas?
CT'97
AG
Just a copyright comment, but make sure you change the camo enough that nobody will get in trouble with Kryptec for copying IP.
skelso
AG
Any vinyl shop that can print on vinyl should be able to cut it for you you may have to provide them with the cut file. I can send you a SVG file for Kryptek stencils but since it's a stencil file you would have to manipulate it for use in printing.

Before you proceed, I recommend you call EyeGuy and ask about his Maroon Kryptek Cerakote experience. From what i remember him saying, the color combination was far less than desired.
skelso
AG
CT'97 said:

Just a copyright comment, but make sure you change the camo enough that nobody will get in trouble with Kryptec for copying IP.
This is good advice. Kryptek does not play around with this. There have been several cases of coaters sued for advertising their pattern work as Kryptek.
TxAggie72
AG
Skelso,

I did see eyeguys pattern. I am doing something a little different. If you could send me the stencil file that would be great. Cummingsbuilder at g you know what dot com.

As far as copyright, I think i am okay. It is for personal use. I am not selling or distributing anything.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
skelso said:

Any vinyl shop that can print on vinyl should be able to cut it for you you may have to provide them with the cut file. I can send you a SVG file for Kryptek stencils but since it's a stencil file you would have to manipulate it for use in printing.

Before you proceed, I recommend you call EyeGuy and ask about his Maroon Kryptek Cerakote experience. From what i remember him saying, the color combination was far less than desired.
Such high hopes.... I was hoping this had been forgotten but... yeah... I guess I have to post this now...

Now, joking aside... here's my experience with maroon kryptek... It's something I still think I want to do BUT with specific colors.

There was another version we did that actually looked OK... however, and this is 100% due to being cerakoted... white over maroon does not give you nice white kryptek. It's pink. That came out pretty white because they laid the white on thick. Now, what would work? And this is coming down the pipe on one of my rifles.... Typhon kryptek with maroon substituted in for the web pattern. Dither a dark and lighter gray or black and dark gray with the maroon being the web. The latter is what I have in process right now. Should look badass when done. Since you're probably using a hydrodip process, this may not really apply to you in regards to how the cerakote colors didn't work but... yeah, just what happened with me.

I WILL make it work, however!

Another option that may work better, maroon, gray and white digicam.
TxAggie72
AG
Thanks eyeguy. I am looking to have it printed on vinyl to use as a wrap on my target bow stabilizer. Huk gear has a fisshing shirt that is crimson krptek that looks pretty sweet. I do like the digicam option though. Have any images of that?
TxAggie72
AG
https://www.hukgear.com/collections/kryptek-series/products/huk-kryptek-solid-ls-icon?variant=26228381443
skelso
AG
Dude, I remember you talking about it but I guess this is the first time I've seen it. That is not a color combo issue, that is poor execution! White can be shot over dark but it takes a buffer color between them. Kryptek requires gradient transitions to get the proper effect.

skelso
AG
Will do but be patient because it will be after the 4th before I have access to the PC my files are on
DatTallArchitect
AG
I hope whoever did that didn't charge you.
wareagle044
Horizon Firearms went Auburn orange/blue for me. I'm more than satisfied.

I'm not sure where they got the stencil.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
skelso said:

Dude, I remember you talking about it but I guess this is the first time I've seen it. That is not a color combo issue, that is poor execution! White can be shot over dark but it takes a buffer color between them. Kryptek requires gradient transitions to get the proper effect.

Oh, I know. This was their first "crack" at it After the third one, I just had them do it in maroon only and sent it to another crew for the maroon kryptek. Both other tries looked "better" but the maroon and white just never quite came out looking good. There was a definite pinkish tone to parts of the white. If it were for my wife, I'm sure she would have LOVED it. For me... no, it just never looked good. The Maroon/gray/black combo that we're doing on my 6.8 should be pretty nails though!
TxAggie72
AG
So any image files anyone?
skelso
AG
Just sent you an Adobe Illustrator file I remembered I had in my dropbox account. It might get you started. If you need the SVG, I can send it after the 4th.

I use different cut files for different weapons. This is the one I use for long guns. This is an AR I did for Eyeguy using this stencil.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I was like.. oh, Kelso has the same gunsmithing vise that i do. With the same crack.... oh, it is my vise.
skelso
AG
yep, I rushed out the door to get to the shop before y'all closed and forgot to take pics of the rifle so I had to take them there...
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Also, keep in mind guys, the pics he posted look good but the rifle looks 10x better in person. Love the kote job he did for me.
DatTallArchitect
AG
That looks amazing!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.