Outdoors
Sponsored by

Striper Pics!

2,370 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by matthewj042
cupofjoe04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't lie... you misread the subject- the only question is, are you disappointed?!?! ha ha ha

Had the GREAT privilege to travel back to TX this past week for a conference, and took a friend & coworker. Was able to introduce him to all sorts of manner of Texan things, including how we catch big ole fish. Was his first trip catching striper and sandbass, or really anything bigger than 2lbs...

We had a fantastic morning on Lake Whitney. Topwater bite was on fire for more than 2 hours, probably caught 150 sandbass. Didn't keep too many. Was picking up the periodic striper under the schools of sandies. Then we got serious about the line-siders, and managed to boat some nice fish. It is so much fun to watch someone hook into their first striper, and see the rod double over into the water!

BEST part of the whole thing was my Dad was able to join us. Don't get to fish with him as much as I would like to anymore, so it was truly a special morning with him on board!

This is just what we kept, enough to fill a cooler to fly home with. Easily threw back this many striper, and countless whites as well.

can't beat fishing with the old man!

MemphisAg1
AG
Nice fish. Cool pics.
Milwaukees Best Light
cevans_40
AG
Live bait on the stipers?
MouthBQ98
AG
I can tell you you really gave the football board false hopes..
cupofjoe04
AG
ha ha, completely unintentional- but oh man, I can only imagine!!!!
cupofjoe04
AG
Some. I was able to manage 5-6 on topwater, which was EPIC. Caught some more jigging and burning slabs. Switched to shad to finish out the stripers.
DUman08
Ksheffy
AverageAg
AG
One letter away from a much better thread...but still pleased
VaultingChemist
AG
matthewj042
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.