Outdoors
Sponsored by

Sangre de Cristo Wilderness

1,374 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BradMtn346
C4D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anybody hunted or spent any time here?

I have read some of what is on the internet about hunting this mountain range. But, I am curious if anybody here has anything to say regarding this wilderness area.

Thanks
Mule_lx
AG
Interested as well as my dad just got a place around Westcliffe. Fishing opportunities other than Dewesse?
Your Friend
I was in the Huefreno Valley last weekend to summit some peaks. I don't know anything about hunting it, but every view looked like a bob Ross painting.
Sean98
AG
Happy little trees?
Central Committee
AG
I hunted elk on Ted Turner's ranch in the Sangre de Cristo. Beautiful area.

The irony of Ted Turner is that he is a typical limousine liberal. There were pump jacks all over that ranch.

C4D
AG
My understanding is that the animals are where its Rugged, steep, remote, and difficult to access. Sounds like a place where i need to be. See you on the mountain boys.
BradMtn346
I fished a creek out of Westcliff one time about 20 years ago. Keep an eye out for sheep. It is one of the easiest places for a resident to draw an archery bighorn tag. Also one of the lowest success rates. It is steep and deep. I'm not sure I'm man enough to hunt it, but I'd love to hear how it goes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.