Outdoors
Sponsored by

Daughters Horse riding lessons

1,896 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ag65Son
HCHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
My daughter had her first horse riding lesson yesterday evening. It went great and she is ready for more. They ended the session with a trot around the pen a few times. I think there may be more of these in our future.

Civil94
CanyonAg77
AG
Thoughts and prayers for your pocketbook.

Seriously, you're doing good, dad.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Good job Dad. Also, if she has any dreams of being a barrel racer, crush them immediately. I'm kidding (not really).
TwoMarksHand
AG
Looks like she was confused at first, but by the last pic, she got it figured out.
GSS

Been there, done that.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
LisaMarie
AG
I was horse crazy as a kid and my parents let me take lessons for many years. I did shows and everything. Those are great memories and I didn't realize how expensive horse related activities were til I was much older, and am grateful and lucky that my parents were willing to not only spend their money but also their time...they passed many hours sitting by the rail watching me ride by. Good on you for fostering your child's love of horses.
cbr
AG
A horse is more expensive than college...but also a better education.
Max06
AG
Wise dad!

Ag65Son
AG
Good job dad!

My daughter started riding our ranch horses when she was 4 years old. I told her from the beginning that if you ride horses long enough you're eventually going to fall off or get bucked or drug off. When it happened to her the first time due to a busted latigo, it didn't scare her near as much as it might have if I hadn't pre-warned her.

I believe riding horses really helps kids' muscle memory, flexibility, and balance, which pays off later on if they're athletically inclined.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.