Outdoors
Sponsored by

SIAP Lumber Suit

2 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Burdizzo
Mule_lx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lawsuit over lumber size.

WTF is wrong with people.
powerbelly
AG
Mule_lx said:

Lots.
dtkprowler
AG
I hate people....
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Can we send these plaintiff(s) and the attorneys on permanent vacation to someplace nice like Mercury?
Kenneth_2003
AG
I like how the attorney can't comment on exactly how three random granola munching, latte sipping, hand cream using, beta males just so happened to find their way from Menards too Home Depot, and then to his office...
java94
AG
This already happened to Lowe's in 2014...

http://www.hbsdealer.com/article/lowes-ordered-pay-2x4-settlement

They've had 'actual' sizes on their lumber since...
ratfacemcdougal
Boo on frivolous lawsuits!
FishingAggie
Problem is an attorney took the case.

Why not just say no? Lol

Old story .....one attorney came to town. Starved to death. Another moved to town and they both got rich

There's one good attorney out there for every twenty bad ones. Should have never let them advertise. Killed their professionalism imo. Which I don't want to argue over with an angry attorney.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Exactly my thought!
SA Ag 91
AG
Good news - After reading the article, I have discovered that I am above "average" since I did know that a 2x4 was not actually 2" by 4".

Oogway
I can't believe one of you smart alecks didn't post the requisite, "wood."
up-n-aTm
AG
They are suing for $5 million? How can they justify that sort of "injury" and inconvenience? Lol! Home Depot should send a stack of 4x4's to their front lawns and be done with it.
hillcountryag86
AG
So, it's a coincidence three plaintiffs ended up with the same law firm? With a frivolous suit? I would hope there were several attorneys who refused to take the case.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I opened this expecting some sort of Ironman suit made from wood or something.
The Wonderer
AG
FishingAggie said:

Why not just say no? Lol

Old story .....one attorney came to town. Starved to death. Another moved to town and they both got rich

There's one good attorney out there for every twenty bad ones. Should have never let them advertise. Killed their professionalism imo. Which I don't want to argue over with an angry attorney.
The 1:20 number is usually the reverse.

Several attorneys that I know are upset that this case is even being brought to bar. It's things like this that cause people to hate the profession.
The Wonderer
AG
up-n-aTm said:

They are suing for $5 million? How can they justify that sort of "injury" and inconvenience? Lol! Home Depot should send a stack of 4x4's to their front lawns and be done with it.
They are attempting to obtain class action status.
schmellba99
AG
Mule_lx said:

Lawyers that will clutter the system with BS like this, and judges that allow it to happen. That's what is wrong with people.
Lungblood
These people are why pistol whipping was invented.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Milwaukees Best Light
BCO07
AG
People suck. People from Illinois really suck.
FishingAggie
The Wonderer said:

FishingAggie said:

Why not just say no? Lol

The 1:20 number is usually the reverse.

Several attorneys that I know are upset that this case is even being brought to bar. It's things like this that cause people to hate the profession.

The whole profession needs to clean itself up. Don't take the case or defend for the plaintiffs free. Something to stop it. Waste a man's time for no money and he'll quit doing that stuff
duddleysdraw88
AG
dtkprowler said:

I hate people lawyers....

FIFY
bdgol07
AG
up-n-aTm said:

Don't you mean 3.5" x 3.5"???

The Original AG 76
AG
Ch 11 in Houston just did a piece on this. It is so sad that , as usual, the sub-idiot pretty face news readers actually thought this was an issue. They even found some clueless " citizen" that was shocked that a 4by was actually 3.5". At least the on scene news puke did point out that 2by's etc haven't been actual since the 50's and it is industry standard..It was just so pathetic that the clueless news reader pretty faces treated this scam as if it was legit.
Burdizzo
AG
You gotta wonder how millions of houses have gotten built in the last century with lumber mills shorting every single piece of dimensional lumber ever sawn.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.