Outdoors
Sponsored by

Chronarchs vs lews

1,110 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgEng06
jt2hunt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone fish both of these and care to share comments?
I have only fished chronarchs, never touched a lews but I see more people with them.
AggiePetro07
AG
Most of the lews I have used are older, but the Chronarchs blow them out of the water in my experience. Last longer, smoother, better ergos and feel tighter. Of course everyone is different.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Lews LITE LFS
lazuras_dc
AG
I have 3 Lew's and 1 Chronarch and honestly I like them both. I think the Chronarch does cast further and has given me 0 issues in over a year with no maintenance. The lew's feels a little better in my hand but I like the rod the chronarch came on so thats my go to.
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
I fish only two reels, a Shimano Curado and a Lews Speedspool and all else equal and I can usually throw the Speedspool farther and it happens to be the cheaper reel. The adjustable external break is nice.
lazuras_dc
AG
Now Im thinking I dont have a chronarch but another shimano.... I have an external brake on that one as well.
JoeCephas1974
I have, use, and like both but much like asking whether you like a Winchester over a Browning rifle, etc. without talking about the scope you have mounted on each, it's hard to say. Either reel on the right rod is fantastic. Either reel on the wrong rod could cause you to (unfairly) hate the reel.
justsomeguy
AG
I am a saltwater angler. I have both a Lews Speedspool Tournament and a Chronarch C13+. The chronarch blows the Lews out of the water in terms of distance and longevity. My Lews was almost near the same as the Chronarch out of the box, but after a couple saltwater trips, the Lews began to lose distance.

Whichever you get, you are an absolute fool if you don't replace any reel you own with Boca bearings. I just got a new Concept and swapped the bearings for Boca bearings and it free spins 58 seconds.
AgEng06
AG
My dad has been an avid bass fisherman for years and was always a loyal Abu user. He now has several Lew's reels and loves them just as much.

I don't have a comparison on Lew's vs Chronarchs, though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.