Outdoors
Sponsored by

Toughen Dog's Pads

1,419 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by foxfire
foxfire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have a lab currently recovering from a scraped paw pad. She is walked daily on roadway/concrete but consistently injurers a pad when scratching after pee or pooping.

Y'all have any secret remedies for toughing up pads? My previous lab had callouses galore and injury was not a problem... so trying to learn.
Sean98
AG
I generally use Tuf-Foot when I'm preparing to hunt in rough or rocky country.
AgLaw94
AG
+1 for Tuf-Foot.
reddog90
AG
foxfire said:

but consistently injurers a pad when scratching after pee or pooping.
How does this happen?
Sean98
AG
I think he means doing the post poop "burn-out" on some sort of rough terrain, not itching herself.

foxfire
Good catch... don't live in an urban area so sticks, staubs, rocks and hard pan ground abound.
bricksbricks
AG
Tuf-Foot's great. Works on humans too - if you have soft office worker hands or are getting ready to go upland hunting or the like.
reddog90
AG
Yeah I figured that's what he meant. I've just never heard of that happening. I've only dealt with a pad injury from broken glass.
foxfire
Thanks for the recs.- product on order. I saw the Tuf-foot earlier but my vet had no experience with its use. I'll just keep soaking paws in black tea until Amazon delivers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.