Outdoors
Sponsored by

Thinking about building a tiny home

8,114 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by docaggie
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
newmayne4 said:

"Yeah, having to climb around a tiny home at age 60 sounds like a real blast. "

You must be from the city

I don't understand the connection between the original comment and the retort. Are old people from the country more limber than. those from the city, thereby making it easier to crawl up into lofts and contort into nooks?
SWCBonfire
AG
Apache said:

You're in construction and you're asking us to ballpark you a price!?

The cost of a few axes, chisels, and a crosscut saw:

Aggie_3
If this is the property I think it is ive been there and that guy has quite a bad ass collection
SWCBonfire
AG
That is the Eggleston house, originally built in the 1840's across town and moved to East Avenue in Gonzales. It has the distinction of being the 1st official historic landmark in Texas.
Aggie_3
It looks identical to a house on a property between brehnam and navasota.
SWCBonfire
AG
And was built by just about every early settler in Texas. Dog run cabin. The original Texas tiny house, complete with 1830's-1840's state of the art air conditioning and whole-house security system.
FCBlitz
I love good tiny house architecture. On Pinterest there are some really cool examples. The Scandinavian countries have a knack for building tiny but functional spaces.

But for the $20K one seems to invest in one I would probably prefer building out an old school bus. Seems to me to be a easier and cleaner self build with plenty of room.
docaggie
AG
willie wonka said:

I think HGTV ought to do a show called, "12 Months After My Tiny House," where they travel around the country interviewing all the people they featured before. They could document the divorces, the single women who bought one and have gone BSC, the homes that have fallen apart, and all the others who are back to renting apartments.
This is what I've been wondering. How long does your average tiny home buyer stay in one?

And the people who do it with a couple of kids in tow? Just can't imagine it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.