Outdoors
Sponsored by

Built in grills

6,246 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ol Jock 99
bbry81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Need to replace the built in grill at my parents place. They are obsessed with Weber but I don't see Weber doing built in stuff. What's the best brand out there? Tia
Ol Jock 99
AG
Weber does have a drop in. And they can get crazy expensive (Viking has a model I believe). Researching too.
Leander - Ag
AG
Blaze
TAMU77CLAY
AG
DCS by a long shot. Going on 13 years with mine built in.
Whens lunch
AG
A lot of companies make them. Your issue is gonna be matching your cutout size or modifying it.

Here's a link for a start to see what's out there. I've used this site to help in my research. They don't have everything, but they carry a lot of stuff and have pretty good info.

Also skim the pages on this board and the Food & Spirits board...every thread about grills will have some favorites. They probably make a built in model or 2. Buy wherever you can get a good deal of course.

BBQ Guys
AggieSam02
AG
Where are you located? I run a grill & patio store in Spring/Houston but can service other areas of the state.

We sell Weber but I wouldn't recommend them for a built in. Blaze was mentioned above and is a great grill for the money. We carry 8 brands plus Big Green Egg.

Let me know if I can help in any way.
ww
AG
The house we bought had a Napoleon. Didn't know anything about them prior, but I've been very pleased. It's a $1,000-1,500 model from what I can tell.
bbry81
I'm in new braunfels. I will get demensions tomorrow and browse that site. I know one issue they have with the one they have now is the flames blow out really easily due to wind. It's strange
dr_boogs
AG
TAMU77CLAY said:

Second this recommendation.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Leander - Ag said:

Blaze
Seconded, great grill. Easy to take apart for cleaning.
aggiebear69
AG
Aggielandsam02.... What about replacement parts/ grills for Blaze....I really like the built in overall but I can see the need for new grill s in future. Would like to get cast iron. I have a 4 burner built in.
aggiebear69
AG
Sorry....aggiesam02
AggieSam02
AG
Blaze carries a lifetime warranty on basically the entire grill (other than an igniter or a light). Backed by a $50 million/year company. Cast stainless burner, 304 stainless steel, etc. and a a great price. Hard to beat!
AggieSam02
AG
I have personally owned a DCS and wouldn't buy again. They aren't the same grill they were 10 years ago. And the replacement ceramic rods are expensive. Most grills are going away from the ceramic briquettes/rods and use a stainless steel flavor grid/perforated flame tamer (with lifetime warranty).
Courtesy Flush
AG
I had a Lynx and it did great although we owned it for only around 4 years. None of them last long if they aren't taken care of well. My was along the gulf coast and I used to wipe down the outside with stainless steel cleaner after most weekend we used it. I would buy a Lynx again but I think there are less expensive options out there that are probably just as good.

I'll add this for the OP and anybody else who has a stainless built-in. If your grill has a rotisserie that you've never used, you must try it. Get yourself a pork shoulder or any other chunk of pork WITH the bone inside and cook it on the rotisserie. It is incredible how flavorful and how moist it will be. The key is the bone. I think a boneless pork roast would probably dry out and not be as good.
bbry81
Alright so looking at blaze 5 burner grill. The cutout it says online is 38.375x21.5x8.5 while the cutout I have is 38.5x20.5x10. Aggie Sam do you think that's will fit without looking too bad. As far as the height and the depth being a little off?
AgLA06
AG
No love for Bulls? If I remember correctly, we spec'd a lot of them on commercial jobs after DCS went down hill.
AggieSam02
AG
I wouldn't worry about the height but you'll need to trim the depth to get it to slide back or you would need a 1" trim in front of some sort to hide the difference. The width won't be an issue at all.

What material is your cabinet and counter?
bbry81
The counter is granite and there isn't a cabinet underneath just a rock ledge that goes across the opening
Ol Jock 99
AG
How can we talk?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Bump
AggieSam02
AG
My apologies for the late response.

Store number is 713-389-5936 or send an email to sales@creekstoneoutdoors.com

My store manager (Rick) or I are always there. He has over 35 years experience in the gas products (log kits, gas grills, etc) business.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Thanks; I'll call next week.
reproag
AG
dr_boogs said:

TAMU77CLAY said:

Second this recommendation.
Third. I cook on mine 5-6 nights a week and love it.
I will NEVER apologize for being American
jtp01
AG
I sold bull grills for about 9 months in a previous career. They are solid. When I get ready to build out my backyard kitchen, they will be on the list to consider.
bbry81
Any info on the American outdoor grill. At a place and they are recommending this one especially since it's made in America. Any info
AggieSam02
AG
American Outdoor is a good grill but the one thing we don't like about it is the shallow depth - burner is closer to grate since the overall depth is more shallow than other brands. This can cause issues if you are trying to cook at lower temperatures and can create more flare ups.

We carry American Outdoor, RCS, Firemagic, Blaze, Sedona, Lynx, Weber, Big Green Egg, Primo, American Muscle Grill.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

www.creekstoneoutdoors.com
713-389-5936
Courtesy Flush
AG
AggieSam,

If you were putting a gas grill into your outdoor kitchen, which brand would you go with and why?
AggieSam02
AG
I currently own a Firemagic diamond echelon. Great grill. American made. Can burn charcoal and wood in it with a charcoal basket.
BUT
Today I would go with a Lynx 42" all sear. Still an American made grill. Lynx has basically figured out how to make an infrared burner variable temperature from 300 degrees to 1000+. True zone cooking (high heat on one burner won't affect medium or low heat on next burner over), virtually instantaneous temperature control (sear your 2" ribeye or filet on high and turn down to medium to finish without moving to another zone), all with the lifetime warranty including the trident burner. Other minor conveniences that set it apart - stow away for the upper warming rack and the included rotisserie motor plugs into the grill itself and doesn't require an additional power source.
The 36" is our best seller but the all sear is available in the 30", 36", and 42" models.
Human
AG
Sam,

What's your best / favorite grill for $1500-$2000?
NG
W/cart
AggieSam02
AG
Blaze 4 burner with lights (blz-4lte-ng).

Spit and motor are sold separately, which I like since most people don't/won't use their rotisserie but it comes with the back burner making the option an easy add on.

IR sear burner is an option with it. Nice thing is it easily swaps to IR and back to traditional with a cotter pin.
FCBlitz
Wife had a little boy come through the hospital. He decided to take a ride on a Weber grill that had been mounted in an outdoor kitchen and was being used.

So just be aware......is all I am saying.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I just ordered my new grill through Sam and cannot recommend him highly enough. He was very easy to work with, patient in educating, figured out of to get it Dallas without added cost. I'll post pictures when it is completed in a few weeks.

Cheers, Bill '99

Sam's info again
www.creekstoneoutdoors.com
713-389-5936

Ol Jock 99
AG
I think it turned at ok. Thanks again to Sam and Creekstone Outdoor for hooking me up with the grill, and Jeff at JKJ Carpentry for the cabinet.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.