Outdoors
Sponsored by

Guns stolen from truck

11,015 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgGunNut
hillcountryag86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stopped at La Cantera yesterday. Came back to truck two hours later and found two pistols stolen from console.

Police said I was the 15th Ford broken into yesterday from 3:00 till 9:00 at that mall and one directly across I-10, The Rim. While police interviewing me, two more calls came in of Ford trucks broken into.

All they were looking for were guns. I had a new watch I put on top of pistols in console. They left it on the seat.

A guy in same parking lot was in a store less than 30 minutes. He had F 350. Pistol stolen out of console.

I bought my 2017 two months ago. You can barely see how they used a screwdriver to get in.
GarlandAg2012
AG
That sucks. Hope they catch them. Do you think a console vault would have helped? Anyone know if they offer anything beyond superficial security?
aggielostinETX
AG
Sounds like ford is asking for a class action suit
hillcountryag86
AG
I don't know. Nearly every one of the 17 had guns stolen. These people knew what they were doing and what they wanted. Holiday weekend and people travel. Good odds that travelers who drive trucks have guns.
powerbelly
AG
Deats said:

For what exactly?
aggielostinETX
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Deats said:

For what exactly?

****ty locks
BrazosDog02
AG
Geez....the 2017 is still that easy to get into. My 2005 and 2002 have both had their locks punched in their lives. Sucks.

With as easy as it is to correct I cannot believe they still haven't fixed the issue.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Pretty easy sting operation
But McManus is worthless overpaid *****
hillcountryag86
AG
My lock had the key receptacle worked over. But I think they got in by using something like a screwdriver between the door body and handle.

The surprising thing is that it it took very little effort. You have to look closely to see any damage. It was pretty clean
ursusguy
AG
Any stickers on your truck? Curious
hillcountryag86
AG
Former Student.
Astrobo
AG
With that kind of incident frequency at one mall, you would think it would be easy for the police to set up a trap/ decoy and catch these thieves.
EFE
AG
Damn, sorry to hear that.
aggielostinETX
AG
ursusguy said:

Any stickers on your truck? Curious

F250-350 are constant targets in Dalllas too according to DPD.
Known demographic of the driver and ****ty locks.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Mine and my brothers Ford both had their locks punched out twice.
45-70Ag
AG
An f250 here at a local heb was being broken into last Sunday but several people intervened and held the guy until police showed up.
hillcountryag86
AG
One pistol was an old Ruger Single 6 .22 my Dad gave me 30 years ago. A lot of memories target shooting with him and varmint hunting.

Regret having that one in the truck.
ursusguy
AG
Agreed.

I meet with DPD weekly.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
sapd sound about as useful as hpd.

my expedition got the lock punched here in houston a few weeks ago. rifled through my console and glove box but nothing taken. i figured they were looking for a gun.
GasPasser97
AG
Same thing happened to me in SA about a month ago.

2011 F350, no stickers

In store for 15 minutes, security driving around.

Lock punched and never fired Sig P320 stolen from console.
GasPasser97
AG
They must have scouts watching parking lots.
aggielostinETX
AG
GasPasser97 said:

They must have scouts watching parking lots.

They follow people and have scouts.
aggie4231
AG
Same thing happened to me earlier this month over at THE RIM while watching GOTGv2.

2013 F150 FX4.

Took backpack (with leatherman,fix blade knife, and my secondary wallet with CC's), tablet, sunglasses, bag of stuff I just bought at REI. They had $40 worth of PopEyes right away.

Idiots left at least 2 knives in the door pockets, some $$$ flashlights. Had an AR15 upper in the under seat storage covered up, a bag from Cabelas with AR accessories, a box with new handguard, several mags and boxes of ammo in the back. Didn't take all of that. And the Glock was in the box behind the passenger side rear seat (a pain to fold down even when you what you are doing).

The lock was punched in, and a small screwdriver dent at 12 o'clock.

Talked to several people that whole stretch of i10 is bad now. There is a Gold's Gym right across that street from a SAPD substation, that constantly has vehicle break-ins.
bobbranco
AG
ursusguy said:

Agreed.

I meet with DPD weekly.

I bet the DPD policy continues as completely hands off. And blame the victim for having nice things that criminals want to take.
OldArmy71
AG
Thanks for the heads up. I am in those areas all the time. I hate thieves.
jtp01
AG
My work pickup was hit in San Antonio several months ago while the pickup was in Valet parking for the hotel I was staying in. They just broke the window and grabbed a display (happened to look like a shotgun case) and cut the bed cover but didn't take anything.

All total was $850.00 in damages whatever the window cost the valet company to replace. I finally got the settlement check on Wednesday last week.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
My buddy's 250 got hit at the Home Depot on Sunset about a month ago, same thing, he was inside for less than 15 minutes. They got an envelope of cash and not much else, but obviously rifling through things quickly.
PFG
AG
I lived in Houston for 5 years and learned a very important lesson: Don't leave anything in your truck that you don't want stolen.

When you travel, if you're alone, you don't get to stop on the way from point A to point B. Simple as that. If you are with wife or kids, leave someone with truck running and locked.

It's the world we live in. I do this on way to deer camp. When going solo, I do not stop.
PFG
AG
Stop for gas? I don't leave my truck.
Stop to piss? Find a county road.
Need to stop for more beer or grocerys or ammo? Nope. Not unless I'm ok losing all firearms in my truck.
jakeaggie84
AG
What does the damage look like. I have a 16 f150. I noticed a small dent right above the passengers side door handle about a month ago. Could that be an attempt to get in? I haven't noticed anything missing.
tmaggie50
AG
I've got a '14 and it's been hammered by thiefs. I think they've tried a couple times to get my lock but I think the first person who tried it messed up and jammed it kinda crooked. But since then they've pushed it so far in you can't see it.

Ford has a fix for it and when you buy new, they offer tovinstall the protection for something like $1,500. It's just a piece of steel they put in.
Jason C.
AG
My dad keeps "decoy" cash in console and guns elsewhere for this reason. Worked for him once. F-250. Would rather give a criminal a few hundred than even the cheapest weapon.
schmellba99
AG
ruddyduck said:

sapd sound about as useful as hpd.

If by "useful" you mean "absofugginloutely worthless", then yessir- they are right on par with one another.
schmellba99
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

That sucks. Hope they catch them. Do you think a console vault would have helped? Anyone know if they offer anything beyond superficial security?

Cannot speak for the OP's situation, but my console vault on my old F250 paid for itself about 3 or 4 weeks after I installed it. They keep smash and grab types away, wont stop somebody dedicated by any stretch, but for the middle of the day parkibg lot jobs - it worked for me.
schmellba99
AG
Go to a good car alarm place and get the Jimmy Jammer installed, it is a stamped steel plate that goes on the inside of your door that prevents the screwdriver trick,from,working. Not terribly expensive.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.