Outdoors
Sponsored by

Damn coyotes [Staff Warning on OP]

7,045 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgEng06
AZAG08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

I was listening to one of Rinella's podcast and the guy speaking was discussing the book he wrote on coyotes. He said they were basically the only predator in N. America that we as humans had tried to exterminate and had never even come close. When their population density drops they increase their litter sizes to make up for it. It was a really interesting discussion.
Was it Dan Flores? I think he was the one that went on Joe Rogan's podcast and talked about Coyote America
It was really amazing. Saying coyotes live in every major city and 49 out of 50 states
powerbelly
AG
eric76 said:

powerbelly51 said:

My father in law says the best dog he ever had was a rottweiler he rescued from the side of the road in south Texas. The dog would run go at night and come back with a dead coyote or two whenever he was at the lease.

The dog seemed to have some kind of grudge against coyotes.
That's odd. I've never seen one of our dogs bring a coyote back after a night's prowling.

I have seem them drag dead cattle out of the field up the house so that they could have an extended lunch.
He says it was really bizarre. He would wake up and there would be a dead coyote on the porch with the rott sitting by the door.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I believe you are correct.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.