Outdoors
Sponsored by

Adjustable gas block recommendations

1,641 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 35chililights
reddog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was going to order a MicroMOA suppressor ready upper for an SBR build because I liked the parts and it included a govnah bas block. The MicroMOA guy is going through some family issues and is not in business at the moment. Does anyone have suggestions on a different adjustable gas block that operates similar to the govnah? I want something field adjustable with suppressed/unsupressed settings. I would like it to fit under a small OD rail like a BCM KMR. Thanks.
Nealthedestroyer
AG
I'm not sure there is anyone else making a block like the Govnah. If you want one that is field switchable...maybe the Noveske Switchblock but I dont know if it would fit under a KMR.

A good place to ask would be here...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_3/12_Rifles--Uppers--Lowers--Barrels--and-more.html
Central Committee
AG
Have a Noveske for my SBR. My gunsmith cut out a section of the top rail of the KMR to fit (and to give you access to change settings).

Big fan of most of the Noveske parts/rifles.
mts6175
AG
SLR Rifleworks
35chililights
AG
I have both a Seekins low profile adjustable and a Syrac Ordnance Gen II block that I purchased through JPRifles.

For field switchability, the Syrac is better suited.
I say that for two reasons:
One - because if you are tucking it under a hand guard, the adjustment screw is out the front (you'll need a long allan key to reach it then).
Two - the adjustment screw has 'clicks' much like a scope knob. You can easily count the number of clicks as it is a very tactile click. I use it on my 300blk build and I know where my adjustments are for both suppressed, unsuppressed, and with super and subsonic combinations.

The seekins block is just a continuous screw witha set screw. Sure you could count rotations, but the lack of clicks makes it more guesswork. I use it on my 10.5" 5.56 which I never shoot without a suppressor (because it is brutal without it). I just wanted the ability to squelch the gas down as much as possible when using the suppressor to eliminate as much crap blowing back in my face as possible. So it has a more set-it-and-forget-it use.

I would buy both blocks again for their intended purposes.
35chililights
AG
You can see how far back the block is tucked under the hand guard.

I bought one of these from amazon for 9 bucks.

I carry it with me in my case for the suppressor. It isn't as tool-less as the govnah or the switchblock, but it works for me in my fairly unique situation.
maverick2076
Anderson makes an adjustable gas block much like the Syrac up above. It works well, adjusts from the front, and clicks. I think they are about $55 direct from Anderson.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Odin also has an adjustable gas block with the forward facing adjustments
reddog90
AG
Thanks for the suggestions. Is there anything on the market that doesn't require an allen key to adjust?
35chililights
AG
the noveske switchblock listed above is tool-less. It doesn't have 'infinite' settings, however. it is caliber and barrel length specific. Make sure you're buying the correct one for your setup.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.