Outdoors
Sponsored by

Hunter vs elephant - elephant wins

2,726 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Cancelled
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/hunter-dies-after-shot-elephant-falls-on-him-20170521?

Sounds like a fairly chaotic scene.
BrazosDog02
AG

CanyonAg77
AG
Misleading, isn't it? He was a hunter, but the headline implies that he shot the elephant that fell on him. Him being a hunter was incidental to his death, and no one was hunting the elephants at the time. The elephant grabbed him, someone shot the elephant to save him, and bad luck, the elephant fell on top of him.
Quote:

a group of hunters had gone for a walk on Friday afternoon when they suddenly came across a breeding herd of elephants.

Three elephant cows stormed the hunters and Botha shot at them. A fourth cow stormed them from the side and one of the hunters shot her after she'd lifted Botha with her trunk. The shot was fatal and as the cow collapsed, she fell on Botha.

ursusguy
Return to Glory
AG
Sounds like the hunter and the elephant both lost
Thunder18
AG
Sounds like a terrible way to go out
DannyDuberstein
AG
If you want the ultimate, you've gotta be willing to pay the ultimate price.
Mathguy64
AG
Im not sure the "death by falling elephant" is even the worst part of the story.

Quote:

Botha was a good friend of Scott van Zyl's who was killed by crocodiles in Zimbabwe last month. Van Zyl, 44, was on a hunt at the Chikwaraka camp in Zimbabwe, when he disappeared on April 7.

His backpack was found on the banks of the Limpopo River and two crocodiles were shot during the extensive search for Van Zyl. DNA tests were done on samples taken of the crocodiles' stomach contents, and it matched his.

Part of a Cat boot, similar to that which Van Zyl was wearing when he disappeared, was found in the stomach of a third crocodile which was shot on April 14.

3rdGenAg05
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

If you want the ultimate, you've gotta be willing to pay the ultimate price.

Solid Point Break ref.
highvelocity
AG
Reason 574837 why I probably won't ever venture to that side of the world
powerbelly
AG
highvelocity said:

You are missing out.
Mathguy64
AG
powerbelly51 said:

highvelocity said:

You are missing out.
Yeah, I prefer to eat dinner, not be eaten for dinner.

Seriously, anyone else read that part and have flashbacks to Jaws where they are cutting open the shark to see what it/who it ate?
AgLA06
AG
mathguy86 said:

Im not sure the "death by falling elephant" is even the worst part of the story.

Quote:

Botha was a good friend of Scott van Zyl's who was killed by crocodiles in Zimbabwe last month. Van Zyl, 44, was on a hunt at the Chikwaraka camp in Zimbabwe, when he disappeared on April 7.

His backpack was found on the banks of the Limpopo River and two crocodiles were shot during the extensive search for Van Zyl. DNA tests were done on samples taken of the crocodiles' stomach contents, and it matched his.

Part of a Cat boot, similar to that which Van Zyl was wearing when he disappeared, was found in the stomach of a third crocodile which was shot on April 14.

That's assuming a snake or any of the other million things that could have killed him didn't before the crocodiles had lunch.
Goose
AG
I wouldn't mind watching 2 elephants get it on, but not if they're gonna get all pissy about it like that.
Cancelled
AG
Elephants don't forget. I have a client who shot an elephant. Apparently, they us to clean up the whole carcass and evidence of the kill or the elephants would attack a village.

I have no interest in shooting an animal that is capable of that kind of emotion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.