Outdoors
Sponsored by

Pull behind mower

1,401 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
newhowdyag2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a three acre pasture which I don't always have time to keep up mowing with my zero turn (Hustler Raptor). What would be a pull behind mower I could pull with the Hustler and handle growth that can be 2-3 feet tall and thick in some places?
newhowdyag2004
Bump for suggestions
The Wonderer
AG
2-3' and thick makes think you need a brush hog which means you need something with a PTO.
EskimoJoe
Sean98
AG
DR Brush mowers are about the best you'll find for that short of buying a tractor. They have multiple models depending on what you are trying to accomplish, but they aren't cheap.
aftershock
When I read this my response was "dude, thats not even a thing. Just get a tractor and a shredder like everyone else"

But after googling, I did stumble across this: https://www.mowersdirect.com/lawn/trail-cutters.html

I don't have any idea how well one of those would work. There are a few videos that show it in use, and it might be worth looking in to.

JAW3336
AG
beast

Just get this and mow it before it gets over a foot tall. With this thing it should cut you mow time by a third.
MouthBQ98
AG
I've seen some pretty nice looking pull behind powred decks, but never used one. I have a 3 blade PTO powered pull behind that does better than a shredder on tall grass because the blades cut through the grass instead of trying to beat through it.
Sean98
AG
Those Swisher's are bad ass. The DR pull behinds are very similar.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I have a smaller Hustler one, but was under the impression that towing any heavy implement destroyed the hydros on a ZTR.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.