Outdoors
Sponsored by

Big Gunpowder Falls- MD Fly Fishing

1,484 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RickSawyer
LRHF
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Solid evening on the Gunpowder in MD. Picked up some flys at Backwater Angler, a subway sandwich (close and fast) and drove to the parking lot. A little buffaloe Trace to kick the afternoon kicked off then into the water. Get to spend next couple of days chasing wild browns and even Monday morning before heading to airport to meet coworkers. Hopefully some bigger fish come my way but a few days of dry fly fishing for wild trout is good for the soul!

magnumtmp
AG
Beautiful fish.
AggieChemist
wadd96
AggieChemist
AG
How was the rock snot? Last time I fished the gunpowder it was real snotty.
LRHF
AG
Solid day on the Gunpowder walking in Lefty's path

Caught my share of small fish, some on nymphs

And most were on Caddis flys

The evening sulphur hatch was a bit disappointing and really tough to match the hatch. Will be fishing the "Big fish" section tomorrow!
LRHF
AG
Another good day on the Gunpowder. Good nymphing in the morning with a great caddis and sulphur hatch in the afternoon! Get to spend a few hours on the river in the morning before "work stuff".

Squirmy Worm, I tied these for the Guadalupe:

O.G.
I used to live up there. What county are you in?
LRHF
AG
Harris, on a work trip over the weekend!
RickSawyer
AG
Beautiful!
LRHF
AG
Fished Monday morning then met coworkers for a Civil War tour. AC- most of the river is easy wading, fishing between the first crossing and damn is evidently "slick as snot". Augered in, smashed knee into rock, hyperextended and strained hamstring! Didn't know until sat on a bus for a few hours later on... despite the slip, more great fishing occurred! Great stream for OB folks consideration if you are in the Baltimore area!

RickSawyer
AG
Great stuff! Beautiful fish man.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.