Outdoors
Sponsored by

St. Augustine Lawn Weeds

2,157 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JSKolache
canadianAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In katy if that matters.

1. What is a post-emergent herbicide I can use now that it's hot. Most seem to say to not use unless 80 degrees or cooler (mostly broadleaf). And yes I did put out a pre-emergent in Feb.

2. What I believe is virginia buttonweed has started to appear. I've been trying to pull it but is there a herbicide that will work on it?
CTGilley
AG
I am using the Bayer herbicide for southern lawns. It is cheap and is working well. Directions show to mix it weak for St. A. I give it about a week then reapply if needed.
Oso96
AG
Go to the Cinco Ranch Ace hardware and get the Randy Lemmon schedule. He recommends a herbicide and fertilizer which needs to be applied 1st of may.
cevans_40
AG
First thing I would do is raise your mowing height. Button weed is a costly weed to fight. The best herbicide for it is Celsius and it is really pricey. Generally at a higher height, St Aug will choke out most weeds. Now would also be a good time to look at another Preemerge application.
aggieband 83
AG
I use Spectracide Weed be Gone. It is the concentrate that attaches to your garden hose. The bottle covers 16000 sq ft. My yard is 17000 sq ft. One bottle should have done the job. I purposely used 1 bottle on front yard. 1 bottle in back yard. Double rate worked great. Make sure the wind is blowing away from you.
drummer0415
AG
I also use weed b gone for St. Augustine lawns, and I mow at my mowers highest possible setting
Kenneth_2003
AG
cevans_40 said:

First thing I would do is raise your mowing height. Button weed is a costly weed to fight. The best herbicide for it is Celsius and it is really pricey. Generally at a higher height, St Aug will choke out most weeds. Now would also be a good time to look at another Preemerge application.
Agree, the best weed control is a healthy turf.
reddog90
AG
http://www.randylemmon.com/lawns/fertilize.html
JSKolache
AG
I use Bonide weed beater hose spray jug at HGC on grand pkwy. Get a small bottle of surfactant and add alittle its like $6
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.