Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rattlesnake victim...

3,423 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SoupNazi2001
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One-year girl dies

"A Pflugerville family is planning a funeral for their toddler who died Wednesday after a rattlesnake bit her."

Added text from another article, with some TP&W stats...

"A girl a few weeks short of her second birthday died early Wednesday at a Fort Worth hospital after she was bitten by snake Tuesday evening near Possum Kingdom Lake, according to reports.
Peyton Hood of Pflugerville, who would have been 2 on Sept. 1, died at Cook Children's Medical Center, the Tarrant County medical examiner reported.
The child was bitten by a rattlesnake Tuesday evening, according to Palo Pinto County Sheriff's dispatch records.
A woman called the sheriff's office at 7:37 p.m. to report that a snake had struck her granddaughter on the ankle, the records stated.
The call was made from the 3700 block of Pasture Lane, which is on the south side of Possum Kingdom Lake. The area is near Possum Kingdom State Park in northwest Palo Pinto County.

A helicopter ambulance took the girl to Cook. She died at 12:35 a.m. Wednesday at the hospital's intensive care unit, the medical examiner reported.
Details about how the child encountered the snake were unavailable Wednesday.
Texas averages two to three snake bite deaths each year, according to information from Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.
By comparison, an average of five to seven people die each year from insect bites and approximately eight die each year from lightning strikes, according to TPWD.
"This is something we come across every once in awhile," said Capt. Neal Bieler of the TPWD game wardens' Fort Worth office. "I don't know the circumstances of this, but in Texas, cottonmouths, copperheads and diamondbacks are all over the state, so you just need to be aware of your surroundings."

NRA Life
TSRA Life
BrazosDog02
AG
My 2 year old daughter was hit by a Copperhead in our yard. No issues with that, but I'm told that if you're going to get bit by a venemous snake, that's the one to go with.

I got hit by the same a year later, mostly inconvenient and sore. I can't even imgaime what a rattlesnake would be like and I can't imgaine how terribke this situation isfor that family. So sad.
BlueMiles
bam02
AG
Oh my gosh. How awful. Poor little baby and poor family.
aggie67,74&76
zarbas77
aTm papi
BCO07
AG
Damn. That is gut wrenching
Meaux92
Quote says "a few weeks shy of her 2nd birthday" and then goes on to say she would have been 2 in September. Is this recent?
45-70Ag
AG
Hard to read that
Can't even begin to imagine the pain the parents feel.
HarleySpoon
AG
GSS
Meaux92 said:

Quote says "a few weeks shy of her 2nd birthday" and then goes on to say she would have been 2 in September. Is this recent?
My humble apology....a little research found this happened in August 2010.

AUGUST 11, 2010 3:12 PM
Girl dies after snake bite near Possum Kingdom Lake
By BILL MILLER - wmiller@star-telegram.com

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/living/family/moms/article3825924.html#storylink=cpy
Roger That
AG
This is almost 7 years old...
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.