Outdoors
Sponsored by

‘Don’t Mess With Texas!’ No-License Gun Carry Approved By House – A TEXAS FIRST

4,411 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Snow Monkey Ambassador
BCO07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I understand the concern, but not sure that it will pan out. I was concerned that oc would result in a lot of 30.06/07 signs, but I don't know that there are more now than then
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
First, sack up.
B, if it's that sketchy.... don't go at night.
D, get a dog.
BCO07
AG
The Last Cobra Commander said:

First, sack up.
B, if it's that sketchy.... don't go at night.
D, get a dog.

Poor guy needs serious help with the alphabet
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
The Wonderer
AG
The Last Cobra Commander said:

Requiring an LTC to carry a handgun is nothing more than a Poll Tax against the Second Amendment. The same arguments used to support requiring an LTC were used to keep minorities from voting back in the day.
schmellba99
AG
txyaloo said:

Other states don't have 30.06/07 signs... That's the problem.

The original version of HB 1911 included language for 30.08 banning unlicensed carry. The committee substitute struck that language and amended 30.06/07 to now include unlicensed carry.

If you think there won't be additional 30.06/07 signs limiting where a licensed individual can carry, you are delusional.

I have no issues with unlicensed carry in Texas if the legislature does it right with a 30.08 or some other signage. But making 06/07 also apply to unlicensed is going to royally **** LTC holders. That's effectively a poison pill for the bill
I never said nor implied such a thing. In fact, I said the exact opposite - but my caveat was that it would be a short term headache and that once the novelty wore off, more and more business owners would fall into the "don't care" category. How long that would take is purely a guess, but I don't personally think it would take all that long and the overall long term benefits are better even if the short term kind of suck.

I would prefer that they do what you talked about though with the signage, would make it easier and cleaner.
txyaloo
AG
schmellba99 said:

txyaloo said:

Other states don't have 30.06/07 signs... That's the problem.

The original version of HB 1911 included language for 30.08 banning unlicensed carry. The committee substitute struck that language and amended 30.06/07 to now include unlicensed carry.

If you think there won't be additional 30.06/07 signs limiting where a licensed individual can carry, you are delusional.

I have no issues with unlicensed carry in Texas if the legislature does it right with a 30.08 or some other signage. But making 06/07 also apply to unlicensed is going to royally **** LTC holders. That's effectively a poison pill for the bill
I never said nor implied such a thing. In fact, I said the exact opposite - but my caveat was that it would be a short term headache and that once the novelty wore off, more and more business owners would fall into the "don't care" category. How long that would take is purely a guess, but I don't personally think it would take all that long and the overall long term benefits are better even if the short term kind of suck.

I would prefer that they do what you talked about though with the signage, would make it easier and cleaner.
I've see a few 06/07 signs come down in the last 2 years, but the additional signs that went up far negate the handful that have come down
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
When you live in a world of delusion and refuse to even consider that your insanely concocted dream world is not, in fact, the world in which we live like a few of the posters around here do (*cough* the one you're arguing with *cough*), you aren't constrained by experience, logic, facts or rational thought. So, you know, keep that in mind.
schmellba99
AG
Dbag- i am not arguing with txyloo. Having a discussion does not equate to arguing. You have a serious issue and need to go work them out, i suggest counseling.

I really havent even disagreed with him to much of a degree. Actual reading,comprehension would lead one,to that conclusion, so you are obviously out of the equation.

HTMFH

Toodles

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.