Outdoors
Sponsored by

Paging EyeGuy - Springfield XDe

4,043 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HumbleAg04
bigfoot10s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can you tell us anything about this new pistol? Just got the email and they were very vague about it. Not sure if you can give any more details.
End Of Message
AG
http://www.xdtalk.com/threads/springfield-xde-what-is-it.361033/
highvelocity
AG
if its a 10mm i'll be very interested
GSS
From an email Springfield sent out--XDE

"Introducing a new Springfield Armory pistol so compact, so capable, and so comfortable you'll carry it everywhere.

Come see it unveiled on Friday at the NRA Annual Meeting."
NRA Life
TSRA Life
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Just got the same email
Greeze06
AG
Interested as well.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
From what I gather... XDS size, MOD2 grips and lighter than the XDS. I hardly ever move XDSs anymore, so this may be what they need to get back into the single stack game. It's definitely gotten competitive. Curious about the price point. Shield has the low end freaking locked down right now and G43s are less than $500 so not sure which one they are going to try to push against
Greeze06
AG
Why are people not buying the xds?
highvelocity
AG
The recall deal is probably the main thing. Also, they kick pretty hard for a cc. When I had mine I had to very consciously keep the pistol down in order to have any sort of group. To me that's not a pistol I want to depend my life on. Just my opinion
ttha_aggie_09
drummer0415
AG
I've had an xds 45 since they first came out. The recall was a PITA but other than that I love mine. It was the slimmest .45 on the market when it dropped and may still be. I think the 45 Shields are probably pretty close though.
metrag06
AG
Please tell me the words "GRIP ZONE" aren't part of this...

Dumbest thing ever on the new XD models
Credible Source
AG
I've pretty much quit carrying my XDS, it weighs the same as a fully loaded G26 for the most part.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Heavy, overly aggressive grip, price, and early problems with the Springfield safety mechanism.
metrag06
AG
Well, here it is. An uglier XDs with a hammer, thumb safety, and the dreaded 'GRIP ZONE' added.

Looks like an XDs had a one nighter with a Chiappa Rhino and this resulted. No thanks...

frorge
AG
I specifically purchased my XDs over the shield because of the grip/trigger safety. this is confusing.
GSS
WTH were they thinking? And no grip safety, that's different for SA.

Any info on cartridge offerings? Edited---9mm, as posted elsewhere.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
drummer0415
AG
I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I would like to shoot one and see if that helps solidify my opinion.
CactusThomas
AG
metrag06 said:

Well, here it is. An uglier XDs with a hammer, thumb safety, and the dreaded 'GRIP ZONE' added.

Looks like an XDs had a one nighter with a Chiappa Rhino and this resulted. No thanks...

It might be striker fired - I don't see "hammer zone" written anywhere.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Springfield should really stick to 1911s instead of pushing this overpriced, outsourced crap.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'll say it now... if anyone is wanting one, I'll bring it in but other than a "brand new gun is out, someone is going to want it"... I'm not planning on stocking this thing permanently.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

I'll say it now... if anyone is wanting one, I'll bring it in but other than a "brand new gun is out, someone is going to want it"... I'm not planning on stocking this thing permanently.
That being said, I'll be happy to eat crow if it's a great gun. Just... doing absolutely nothing for me.
MisterShipWreck
I think it's great. There really is nothing in the size of the Shield that is DA/SA.

I had two Shields for a while - but eventually dumped them because DA/SA is just my thing.

I now carry either a P2000 or P2000sk - but both are thicker than this. It would be great to be able to pocket carry something the size of the Shield again, but in DA/SA.

I personally can't wait to hold one and shoot one at the indoor range to see if I want to buy one
MisterShipWreck
Quote:

I specifically purchased my XDs over the shield because of the grip/trigger safety. this is confusing.

absolutely no need for a grip safety with DA/SA
91AggieLawyer
AG
EG: you got any H*K VP9sk LE models?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
They are on the website for preorder. I have 10 coming my way. $100 off what they will be once they get here. Can't give an eta on when they'll get here though.
35chililights
AG
what about the sig 938?
35chililights
AG
Never mind. I thought the 938 was DA/SA. It should be. That's a shame.
'03ag
The P239 gets close to shield size. But it's what, like $800?
MisterShipWreck
With grips 239 is not shield size. Much thicker, and much heavier
cledus6150
AG
Be sure to let us know when you get one in the shop, I'd be very happy nterested in one.
HumbleAg04
AG
With how they sold out the 2nd Amendment in ilinois its brave of them to launch new products right now. No thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.