Outdoors
Sponsored by

Corporate Deer Lease

4,953 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ENG
texags79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for a deer lease for a small company. Looking for prime spot 3-4K acres in South Texas, year round. Budget up to $50-60k per year.

Anyone know of anything or know best way to go about finding a place?

Thanks,
Wife is an Aggie
Is your company hiring?
texags79
Always
madcuz
AG
I might have something for you. My email is zrw821 at sbcglobal dot net
lotsofhp
AG
Deer lord (pun intended)

I'm torn between emotions of being happy for you and your position (that's awesome) and kind of upset because this is why the average man can't get a good lease for a decent price.
Terk
AG
Has the average man ever been able to get on a 3-4K arce place for cheap?
12thAngryMan
AG
Terk said:

In my experience, only if he's willing to spend half his weekend driving to/from it.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Terk said:

Yep... not common and usually come with some drawbacks but I am on one. Couldn't be happier and we are going on 15+ years.

We aren't "cheap" (though still very fairly priced) anymore but that's because we have managed, fed and harvested our way into a justified higher price.
rwv2055
AG
If he is willing to be on it with 29 other people, yes.
FSGuide
Terk said:

Yep. I was on 6750 acres with 10 other people near Childress for several years starting in 2005. Mule deer, Whitetail, Hogs, Turkey, Quail, Dove, Predators. Guests allowed and their deer kills didn't apply to member limits.Year round access, water & electricity and covered area for RV's. The farmer we leased it from planted several wheat fields for food plots every year. $2,300 per person first year, $2,100 the rest of the years. It was a very sad day when the owner died and the heirs (grandchildren) immediately put it up for sale.
ENG
AG
whoa
Goodest Poster
AG
We don't offer a lease, but we could put together a multi trip/ multi animal deal (trophy, mgmt., cull, doe, pig, bobcat, quail) deal. We just did one for 80K for upcoming season.
Turn key, just show up and relax or hunt. Cook provided. Best trophy last year was 18pt typical at 236.
PM if you have interest
AgEng06
AG
jftx04 said:

We don't offer a lease, but we could put together a multi trip/ multi animal deal (trophy, mgmt., cull, doe, pig, bobcat, quail) deal. We just did one for 80K for upcoming season.
Turn key, just show up and relax or hunt. Cook provided. Best trophy last year was 18pt typical at 236.
PM if you have interest
Got a pic of this one?
Goodest Poster
AG
Ya, not sure how to post pics tho
Sean98
AG
You should submit that to the Bone & Crockett club. That obliterates the typical world record by 23".
powerbelly
AG
Sean98 said:

You should submit that to the Bone & Crockett club. That obliterates the typical world record by 23".

Is it hunting if they remove the ear tag and push them out of the pen for the shooter?
AgEng06
AG
Host it to Imgur, copy the link, then post the link here.

Sean98
AG
Well NOW you've opened a can of worms.
Mathguy64
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Sean98 said:

Is it hunting if they remove the ear tag and push them out of the pen for the shooter?

Only if they take the leash off first and count to 10.
rhtexfish
AG
Don't want to derail this thread so if I need to start another one I can but does anybody have a good recommendation for a ranch to do a single trip hunt to take client(s) for a good weekend of hunting?
Sean98
AG
rhtexfish said:

Don't want to derail this thread so if I need to start another one I can but does anybody have a good recommendation for a ranch to do a single trip hunt to take client(s) for a good weekend of hunting?

My guess is it's too late.
rhtexfish
AG
I think you're right...
Goodest Poster
AG
PM me. Our place down South is mainly whitetail, but I can share some info on a place for exotics thats very reasonable.
Goodest Poster
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Sean98 said:

Hunting? No. Big business? Yes.
I free range hunt- so i totally agree with the sentiment. My other place is 3k acres, no fences-thats where i hunt in Texas.
But I also dont turn away people who want to come pay 25k to shoot a 6 year old deer while wearing his house shoes.
Goodest Poster
AG
AgEng06 said:

Host it to Imgur, copy the link, then post the link here.

http://imgur.com/a/05HdW
SteveBott
AG
Holy Moley
Goodest Poster
AG
Haha, thanks Steve. He was a special one and had a good run. He actually lost size from last year.
We had another really cool one with triple drops (6yr old) that died in a fight with a bad@$$ 3 year old. Very upsetting because someone was coming to try and take him following week.
AgEng06
AG
Wow
normaleagle05
AG
If I was a six year old pet pasture deer being used for $25k target practice I'd want the best house shoes money could buy!
powerbelly
AG
I have no problem separating fools from their money. More power to you
FSGuide
I want pics of this deer wearing house shoes
ENG
AG
Bone & Crockett

derailed
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.