Outdoors
Sponsored by

Looking for a Colt 1908 .25 acp

792 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by hillcountryag86
Charlie Delta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm trying to find a Colt 1908 .25 acp pistol that is in working condition. Budget is under $1000. Does anyone here have gun shop connections?

I'd also consider other .25 acp pocket pistols if anyone has recommendations.

CactusThomas
AG
Those are nice guns.
A.G.S.
AG
I have a Beretta Jetfire I keep in the console.

Its the backup to the backup. Don't plan to ever trust my life with it, but it's better than a sharp stick.

It is also a lot of fun to shoot, and extremely accurate.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
What you are looking for?

Current bid $600 3 hrs left.
Reserve was not met, asking $1101 for buy it now.
JSKolache
AG
Gunbroker.com
texags08
AG
A.G.S. said:

Don't plan to ever trust my life with it, but it's better than a sharp stick.

Not calling you out specifically, but I never get the mentality of those that wouldn't trust their life with a small caliber weapon. I get if you have other options like in your case, but it really grinds my gears when people say something like .25 acp wouldn't stop a threat.

What are the chances you need to ever pull your weapon? And when that happens what are the chances you actually fire? And when you fire, what are the chances you get the unicorn guy that "just gets pissed off" when you shoot him with a small bullet?

I'm all for giving myself the best tool for the job, but people who dismiss small caliber weapons frustrate me. Like you said, it's better than a sharp stick. Ask the pizza delivery guy in Chicago that defended himself with a .22 revolver. (Saw it on a documentary)

/rant

I would love my FILs Berretta .32 acp as a backup truck gun. But like you said, I have better options in the truck.
A.G.S.
AG
No worries. It was meant in jest, nothing more. I know that I would never wanna be shot with a .25, and I assume the vast majority of the population is in the same boat.

And regarding the chances of actually pulling my weapon and having to use it: Exactly. God willing, I never have to be in that situation.

Regarding giving yourself the best tool for the job: Exactly again. My primary carry is a 9mm, my main truck gun is a .357. My Jetfire sits comfortably on the sidelines, awaiting its 12th man moment (which, let me state again, I pray never arrives).

And I used to carry it a lot when I went running, as we had a lot of random stray dogs in the area that could get quite aggressive. When I was weighing my options, a sharp stick was just to cumbersome to run with.
hillcountryag86
AG
Related, I have my grandfather's 1903 .32ACP pocket pistol he had in WWII. He also gave me his 1911 .45 he carried in both WWI and II.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.