Outdoors
Sponsored by

Lake Conroe advice

1,032 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OnlyForNow
flipper94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a boat I was ready to sell until I started looking at the proximity of lake Conroe and semi affordable boat storage at the marinas. I have never fished Conroe and am looking for y'all to talk me into keeping it and keeping it out there. Have a 9 and 11 year old that love to fish and would enjoy tubing, skiing, etc. how's the fishing for family outings and what part of the lake is better for staying away from the jet skis and party crowd? All advice appreciated, I've got the fever again and I like it.
AgConductor
Fished Conroe my whole life. Stay away from Scott's ridge if you want to avoid the party crowd. Party cove is right around the corner. Fish any bulkheads I typically do the south ones with range cubes and it works like magic. Fish the damn by the tpwd building for stripers. Go to 1097 and tie off and fish deep for cats.
MouthBQ98
AG
Troll the 20' humps about a half mile west of Ayers island for hybrid stripers with hellbenders and pet spoons. For tubing, there are several coves, or on the ends of the dam.
MouthBQ98
AG
Also, hand sized bluegill using a bit of worm on a hook under a split shot and bobber along rip rap anywhere near a channel or deeper water.
OnlyForNow
AG
talk to duman about catfishing holes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.