Outdoors
Sponsored by

Texian April 2.0 - TRIJICON MRO BLOWOUT!!!!!

4,032 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheEyeGuy
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Looking for a trijicon MRO? These are on the way and shipped already, we're just waiting for them. Will be here Mon/Tues!

http://texianfirearms.com/catalog_detail.php?product_id=609296

Price on this is $469... $100 less than we normally sell them for!

Because of our contracts, I can't put the actual item in the description on the site... but it's this unit:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/trijicon-1x25-mro-2-0-moa-adj-red-dot-riflescope-with-trijicon-mro-low-and-1-3-c.html

Basically, it's the MRO and comes with both low and cowitness mounts. The price we have it is lower than we usually can sell the unit for without a mount and you get BOTH!

EDIT!!! EXTRA DEAL!!!!!

These showed up early... don't want to wait on it!!!!

Aero Precision AR15 upper/lower set... $99!!!

http://texianfirearms.com/catalog_detail.php?product_id=612225
dr_boogs
AG
Slowly working on parts for my 300blk build. Will need a red dot w 3 x flip to side/removeable magnifier. Don't know much about Trijicon. How do they compare to Aimpoint on high end and vortex in mid price point in function and reliability? Can they be paired w a magnifier?
Trigger06
AG
Everything I've read about the MRO has been positive. I handled one in a store, it was pretty nice.
GasPasser97
AG
I have one, not mounted yet

Seems very well built...NV compatible

Biggest plus is large objective makes tunneling seem like a non-issue.

Battery life is supposed to be comparable to Aimpoint, as well.

Does have a bluish tint, and dot appears smeared if u have astigmatism, like me.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
GasPasser97 said:

I have one, not mounted yet

Seems very well built...NV compatible

Biggest plus is large objective makes tunneling seem like a non-issue.

Battery life is supposed to be comparable to Aimpoint, as well.

Does have a bluish tint, and dot appears smeared if u have astigmatism, like me.

The bluish tint is due to the AR coating they use. Most out there have a greenish color. This is blue. Not a huge fan of the blue but that goes back to my days selling glasses with the same deal. Supposedly, the blue lets through more light than green but, anecdotally, I did have more people notice the blue coatings on their glasses than the green coats. Thankfully, this isn't the same gold coat that eyemasters thought was the bees knees back when I worked there. The red dot will smear with any red dot if you have astigmatism and are not using glasses/contacts.

The cool thing about these vs the aimpoints is the price is significantly less and they do compare favorably with quality. Plus, they have a larger window, which is great. Compared to the Vortex units, these are hands down better. There are arguments to be made for the aimpoints but the Sparcs have the same smaller window to look through but also have a lot of crap going on the outside for the unit. That's why we stopped carrying the Vortex units and picked up Holosun.
dubi
AG
We own 2 MRO's and use them multiple times a month. One is on my 15-22 and one on Mr Dubi's PCC.

You will not be disappointed.
dubi
AG
To compare we also have an aimpoint pro and an aimpoint h1; I prefer the MRO over both aimpoint models.
dr_boogs
AG
dubi said:

To compare we also have an aimpoint pro and an aimpoint h1; I prefer the MRO over both aimpoint models.

What type of magnifier can you use with them? Trijicon only or another product?
dubi
AG
We are not using a magnifier. We have one if you want to play with all the red dots one day.

Mr dubi uses a 1-4 on his AR so no magnifier needed.

PM me if you want to plan a play date!
3rdGenAg05
AG
Got one of these on a rec from Dubi and txyaloo (I think) a few months ago. I shoot unmagnified on a 10.5" 5.56 SBR and it is great. Popped two hogs with it from 75 yards the other day, no problem.
Great optic and great price!
Mr. Dubi
dr_boogs said:

dubi said:

What type of magnifier can you use with them? Trijicon only or another product?
I have used a Primary arms 3x gen 1 in a Burris flip mount with all of those sights when zeroing them.
Mr. Dubi
The MRO is a great compromise between the micro and PRO sights. The MOR's size and weight falls right between the Aimpoints, but due to its design it gives a comparable field of view to the PRO.
dr_boogs
AG
Thanks everyone!
GigemCO2008
AG
How long is this price going to be good for? Didn't know if it ran out in 4 days or 29. I want one, but I had be looking at just normal red dots and now my eyes are bigger than my wallet
cheeky
AG
I'll take one if still available. Please PM to arrange payment and shipping
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
GigemCO2008 said:

How long is this price going to be good for? Didn't know if it ran out in 4 days or 29. I want one, but I had be looking at just normal red dots and now my eyes are bigger than my wallet
I have 10 left. When they are gone, they are gone. Sold a couple so far.
johnmyu
I'll take one - never got around to getting anything for the Tavor you got me.
GigemCO2008
AG
Justin,

I'll take one. Just need to use data on my phone after I get off tour since the internet nazi's offshore block your site.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Um... these came in early and didn't want to wait.... $99 Aero Upper/Lower set. These are in store and ready for pickup or shipping!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
johnmyu said:

I'll take one - never got around to getting anything for the Tavor you got me.
Cool, either buy through the site or you can call me and we'lll get it rolling!
jakeaggie84
AG
If I am saving up for a good 300blk and silencer setup, what is a good goal to have in mind? Oh, and a decent optic to put on for 500 yards and under. Can I get a good setup for under $2000?? Or is that wishful thinking?
GigemCO2008
AG
This is probably wishful thinking.

My 300 blk out in an AR pistol setup ran about $800.

Now mind you if you were to get this optic (no magnification) and wanted to SBR/Suppress, you get pricey quickly

Optic - Trijicon MRO - $500
Suppressor - $600-800
Suppressor Stamp - $200
SBR Stamp - $200
Trust for NFA items - $200

With the way prices are coming down, you could probably build a really good rifle for $700-1000. I know I saw a deal for a radical firearms 300 blk for $400 the other day, but thats like throwing ostrich leather on a Geo.

If I were you, I'd buy the suppressor first, that way as you are saving for the rest, your time is already clicking, no clue as to when Hearing Protection Act might actually see daylight.
jakeaggie84
AG
Yeah. I wasnt counting on the cost for stamps and trusts. Thanks for the reminder.

If i dont use a trust and just buy a supressor, is it any faster to get it?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Same time frame regardless
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
jakeaggie84
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Same time frame regardless

So what do you think my savings goal should be. And dont high ball me just bc i purchased my first ar from you last year! Lets say just the gun and a 10x or 15x scope. Ill get the scope started earlier.

And can you give me a quick rundown on the advantage of the trust vs buying without one?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Why a 10X scope on a suppressed SBR? You'd be happier with a low power optic, I bet.
maverick2076
You'd be wasting your money putting anything bigger than a 3x scope on a rifle that isn't really effective past 300 meters.
jakeaggie84
AG
Your the pro.....mainly shooting for fun, hogs, and maybe deer. What type of distance is a 300blk good from? Is 500 yds unrealistic? 200 max? I love my strike eagle on my ar, maybe stick to something similar?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Depending on the load, you're dropping 120-140 inches at 500 yards. I sell rifles mortars! Haha.

Most are going to tap out around 150 yardsish on a blackout. To be honest, best bet is to give me a call next week and lets discuss this. May be a few other options to look at.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.