Outdoors
Sponsored by

Big A** Smoker FS

5,090 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cplatt
cplatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trying to sell a smoker that my granddad originally designed and built himself in probably 1991/1992. It's actually constructed out of at least 3/8 inch steel and maybe 1/2, can't remember off the top of my head but it's a heavy sob either way. After he passed my aunt and dad inherited it but no one in the family cooks and caters like my grandad liked to do so would like to move it for a reasonable price. Motivated to sell as it's currently at my place but I am moving soon, so would like to see it go to a good home. I know my grandpa would rather it be used by someone than to sit around.

Selling as is, and other than a bit of new paint if you wanted, as of last year the motor still ran to turn the rotisserie. Has extra racks but holds six of the racks on the rotisserie at a time, and comes with the tanks you see. It has good tires on it as well as registration. In the DFW area, please email clay dot platt at sbcglobal dot net if interested. Well over 10k in work and materials but more interested in a good home. Make an offer.

Brush Country
barney94
AG
Bump for awesomeness
EFE
AG
Looks like you could haul the horses to the folks hungry enough to eat them
cplatt
He was never accused of undercooking or underdoing in his entire life.
tx4guns
AG
I'm sure you'll have an offer from MFBarnes soon so he can use it as his coal box.
cplatt
As long as his money is more real than his stories he can use it as a coal box...well maybe not, sorry grandpa.
tmaggies
AG
Wow...... very nice.....
spud1910
AG

Deats99 may be interested. I hear they are gonna have a big neighborhood cookout at his place soon. He'll provide the meat and his neighbor is providing the beer. And the light.
texags08
AG
Do you have to show me how to use it for 6 months?
CashinOut
AG
6 months? You see the size of that thing? It'll take at least a year
harge57
AG
Dang that's cool.
cplatt
Bump for the morning crowd
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I should buy it, mount a tv in there and laugh at all you suckers when the Koreans drop a nuke on us and I am safe inside.
cplatt
Also doubles as a mobile tornado shelter and moonlights as the command center for the Doss fish fry, truly a great buy for its multi use abilities.

In all seriousness, the family is looking to move this asap so any reasonable offers would be considered.
highvelocity
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I should buy it, mount a tv in there and laugh at all you suckers when the Koreans drop a nuke on us and I am safe inside.
you assume they have the knowledge and wherewithal to design and even produce a working missile..
Colonel A. 1976
AG
Sweet...would love it but....
cplatt
Bump for afternoon crowd
AggieGunslinger
AG
I like that I can just walk the cow straight in and start cooking. I mean anyone can do whole hog but who does whole cow?
Deats99
AG
spud1910 said:

Deats99 may be interested. I hear they are gonna have a big neighborhood cookout at his place soon. He'll provide the meat and his neighbor is providing the beer. And the light.
I sit here emotionally stirred I ponder how this spud character knows me so well.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
Deats99
AG
Aha the light thread. The first time my 300 pound hairy, ass, wearing only boxers, showed up with my AR and a dog when the light came on, he didn't get it.......Magically the light just quit the other day.

I kid, I wish it was that easy.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
levimod
AG
This may work for Critter Christmas!
PooDoo
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I was thinking if you paint it like a MOAB and name it MOABBQ you might be onto something.
spud1910
AG
Deats99 said:

spud1910 said:

I sit here emotionally stirred I ponder how this spud character knows me so well.
Of course, the light thread. I was outed as a devious character. Now all on the OB can wonder what I know.
cplatt
One more bump
Brush Country
I'll tAke it off your hands for $5.
cplatt
Bump
FabricatorAg
You're not from Dallas or related to any Olys or Bewleys?
cplatt
Not that I'm aware of. Lived all over but most recently in Dallas area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.