Outdoors
Sponsored by

BGE or Kmado Joe

25,266 Views | 214 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Blahhead
Tx-Ag2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never used the Flame Boss but I've had a CyberQ Wifi for the past couple years and it definitely does the trick.

In theory the Flame Boss with the PID controller and variable speed fan is probably the better option but I doubt it makes a ton of difference with regards to actually controlling the pit temp. The on/off of the cyberQ can easily hold +-5F which is likely more than is needed for BBQ.
hurricanejake02
AG
I was eyeballing the CyberQ, but just pulled the trigger on the Flame Boss yesterday. Couple of the probes are on backorder, so likely next weekend at least before I can test it out. (The CyberQ units have been on backorder for as long as I've been looking at them, not sure what's going on there)
RustyBV
AG
The BGE Facebook group generally prefers the Flame Boss over the CyberQ.
dkoslov
Kamado Joe Costco Roadshow this week at the Plano store. Sold out of the Big Joe (I believe they brought in 10) and had about 7 Classic II Joes left. They were willing to do an order form for the Big Joe and have it shipped to your house directly for no additional cost, but would take 2-3 weeks. They also said they are shipping more on Monday and should have them in the store by Wednesday of next week.

Also, currently no limit on the amount of bags of Kamado Charcoal you can buy. $21.99 for 30# bag.
MookieBlaylock
AG
They pay a guy to sell 10 grills ?
I thought the road show was a hundred grills

Fook I need that job
Blahhead
MookieBlaylock said:

They pay a guy to sell 10 grills ?
I thought the road show was a hundred grills

Fook I need that job

They probably are getting at least a 65% profit margin and around a grand on a $1500 bundle. $10k if they move 10 a show, and they probably pay the guy a couple of hundred. I don't know what kind of deal or cut goes to Costco, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.