Outdoors
Sponsored by

Monkeys are outdoors

1,741 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bmac_aggie18
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They saved a man lost in the rainforest,

http://nypost.com/2017/03/24/hero-monkeys-helped-lost-man-survive-for-days-in-the-amazon/
zooguy96
The monkeys didn't save him. That is something normal that they do - they don't eat all the fruit that they eat (or half eat) because if the fruit is plentiful, they are very messy.

LOL media.
Log
AG
Monkeys are effing evil. They killed him, stole his soul, and re-animated him.
FSGuide
Log said:

We learned really quickly in Panama that you could be as silent as possible and camouflaged up like nobody's business but the monkeys knew you were there and they would yell & scream and shake the tree tops and throw sticks at you from the trees as they shadowed your squad/platoon. If you stopped and didn't move for a while they got bored and move along. It was great if you were on a lookout or ambush sight, you could hear when someone else was in the area because of them. But if you were the ones on patrol, it was bad news because you were pretty much pinpointed by them and their actions. Those little ones like Ross had on Friends were the worst.
Pro Sandy
AG
Sounds like a great travel guide...

"It's because he offended the Pachamama," said Feizar Nava, the owner of Max Adventures. "He didn't want to participate in the ceremony."

Bolivian natives believe the rainforest is a sacred place, and that if Pachamama becomes offended, she'll send a sprite called Duende who hides victims in another dimension to get you, the site reported.

"For myself and the rangers, this is our culture," said Madidi Park Director Marcos Uzquiano. "We believe that Duende is real. And we think it's possible that Maykool was taken by him."
Badace52
AG
zooguy96 said:

The monkeys didn't save him. That is something normal that they do - they don't eat all the fruit that they eat (or half eat) because if the fruit is plentiful, they are very messy.

LOL media.

This... a million times this. I hate the media sooooo much sometimes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
malenurse
AG
It's the NY Post!
Past headlines

Dick Chaney is a Robot
Weiner Exposed
Headless Body in Topless Bar
Wrecks Ryan
Osama Bin Wankin'

coyote68
In the 90''s someone let hundreds of monkeys loose in Lasalle county. It was common to see them in Lasalle and Frio counties and in downtown Cotulla. Wired times!
Goose
AG
coyote68 said:

In the 90''s someone let hundreds of monkeys loose in Lasalle county. It was common to see them in Lasalle and Frio counties and in downtown Cotulla. Wired times!

Nolan Ryan the Snow Monkey Ambassador:

http://www.theunticket.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/nolan-snow-monkeys.mp3
AquaAg1984
AG
coyote68 said:

I also had some wired times in that part of the country back in the day.
Trinity Ag
S
Log said:

Never trust a monkey. They act with malice and forethought.

Any animal willing to crap in its own hand just to throw it at you...well, you know its going to fight dirty.
oragator
And now sharks are asking us for help too.
It's a topsy turvy world out there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4351170/Shark-nudges-diver-remove-hook.html
bmac_aggie18
AG
I went on a mission trip with my church a few years back to Nicaragua and we did a zip line course through the jungle and there were monkeys WAY UP in the trees and they were all barkin. One of the funnest and coolest things I've ever done
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.