Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bassmaster Classic/ Lake Conroe March 24-26th

2,001 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dave99ag
rms007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone on here attending at the lake or live weigh-in the next 3 days inside minute maid ballpark?

I'm probably going tomorrow and going to convention center for trade show/demos. Roll Call
DUman08
AG
Just ready for event to be over with so I can get back on the fish. Shad spawn is starting and fish are feeding heavy. The bass fisherman should have easy pickings on LMB.
rms007
AG
Cool, think live weigh in is about to start. Looks like IKE was only guy to bust 20lbs today. I personally thought the weights would be much higher!

@DUman08, you fish lake conroe often? i've only fished lower end
DUman08
AG
Yes I do. Just dont fish much for the green Carp unless they happen to hit what I am offering.
rms007
AG
Yup, i occasionally largemouth bass fish there, but it sure if fun to get into the hybrids by the dam or a mess of blue cats & crappie.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
https://www.bassmaster.com/video/bassmaster-classic-weigh-2017

Link to live weigh in...
gillom
AG
Ike fished postspawn... think most of the top 5 did. KVD was fishing the shad spawn... caught some cats on the dam this morning. I plan to fish this tournament one day...
DUman08
AG
The bass I have been catching have been spawned out females. About two weeks earlier than normal.
gillom
AG
I'm sure there are still some on beds but a 20 mph wind doesn't let you see them.
Terk
AG
I took the boys to the Texas Bass Classic at Toyota Stadium (Lake Ray Roberts) and the launch the next morning. It was a top notch experience. I would suggest anyone that is nearby to go to the event at the weigh in if it is similar to other tournaments! Lots of deals to be had from the vendors in the midway as well!!
Bassmaster
AG
I'm not surprised by the low weights, the wind was brutal. Should be better today. My wife's uncle is staying with us and he is a Marshall for the tourney. He's been doing it for years, so I enjoy hearing his perspective on the behind the scenes stuff.
rms007
AG
Not windy today, but clear bluebid high pressure post frontal conditions. Maybe some of the anglers will find some of those big girls still on the beds. 23lbs leads after day one. I think it'll still take 70+ lbs on a 3day tournament to win it on Conroe!

Im heading down to fishing show at convention center today, should be some cool items & vendors to check out before weighin at minute maid.
gillom
AG
Jordan Lee caught 27+lbs today to make up a 12lb deficit to win.
rms007
AG
Just saw that. What a day by him! Still surprised nobody broke 60lbs total for a 3 day tournament & big bass for all 3 days was a 9lb 12oz caught on day 1. The weigh-in venue at minute made ballpark was pretty cool atmosphere.
gillom
AG
Conroe without grass is a tough fishery. Big fish that shut down with boat traffic. Hard to be consistent enough to bust 20+ a day.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Another cool note...Jordan Lee lost his lower unit on his way out yesterday morning. Got a ride to weigh in from a Marshall I think. Can't believe that wasn't talked about more during weigh-in. As they say, when it's your time, it's your time.
Sgt. Hartman
AG
Said that he caught them using a shakey head football jig. I watched my fishing partner murder the bass on Choke earlier this spring using a creature bait on a jig that had a swivel football head.

So is anybody else going to go buy a bunch of those?
rms007
AG
got a couple of those jig heads to try next weekend on Lake Somerville, should be fun!
docb
AG
Did they end up driving those fish all the way in to Houston for the weigh in?
tlh3842
AG
Yup. It sounded like they only lost one fish on the first two days, the rest made it back to Conroe.
gillom
AG
98% live release
dave99ag
AG
Good thing they didn't have to take 290 otherwise all the fish would probably be dead.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.