Outdoors
Sponsored by

Looking for Deer Lease

2,981 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GumboMaverick
GumboMaverick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Im in Plano - so anything less than 5 hours is preferred. Looking for a place to bring my 10 year old Son to go hunting.

trying the Aggie network
saltydog13
AG
Might want to put some more details so people have a better chance of helping.
CS78
My brother has some spots open on their place. Great place for year round hog hunting and general spending time outdoors with the kids. Lots of space.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639395
GumboMaverick
BirtHunterAg -

Im looking for a place to go shoot guns, hunt deer, hogs, maybe some dove. Within 5 hours driving distance to plano.

Im open to it having a cabin/house or just remote - where I can bring a tent - or nearby town to grab a hotel/motel.

Not sure what else would help - if you have a spot open on a lease and wouldnt mind having someone head out once every month or two (definitely not an every weekend hunter) - then maybe I could fit.
GumboMaverick
Also, I dont bow hunt looking for a place allowing Rifle/shotguns
ArmyAg97
AG
I'm looking for similar deal, except I'd say 3 hours from DFW.

I have 8 year old son that i hunt with. Hunting near Throckmorton this year but a guy on our lease shot a really nice deer so they are doubling the price.

If you find a place wanting a group of 2 I'd be interested.
3rdGenAg05
AG
I'm on about 1000 acres just outside College Station. Huge house you can keep family in for football games, university events, etc. We're covered up with deer, dove, hogs and ducks-something to shoot year round. Corn and protein are free. It's only about three hours south of you. We ask $75 per family for year 'round access, just to cover the pool/hot tub heating bills in the cold months; that is usually the deal breaker for most people.
tamc93
AG

$75/year? Send details...
Astrobo
AG
3rdGenAg05 said:

I'm on about 1000 acres just outside College Station. Huge house you can keep family in for football games, university events, etc. We're covered up with deer, dove, hogs and ducks-something to shoot year round. Corn and protein are free. It's only about three hours south of you. We ask $75 per family for year 'round access, just to cover the pool/hot tub heating bills in the cold months; that is usually the deal breaker for most people.
What's the catch? Why is this a deal breaker to most families? Sounds too good to be true. Is this the elusive holy grail?
IBombedTheMoon
AG
3rdGenAg05 said:

That's not nice! You shouldn't toy with people who obviously have gun
ursusguy
AG
They make up for it in the hot tub.
GeeBee
AG
Did you used to rodeo and occasionally like to sell things on craigslist...Like truck tool boxes?
3rdGenAg05
AG
It was a joke referencing another deer lease thread of recent. Some poor soul (probably a real nice guy) asked about a ranch like I posted.

Lol, no toolboxes...Classic.
CTGilley
AG
Don't forget about unicorns!
TRIDENT
AG
Quote:

They make up for it in the hot tub.

Nice.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
ArmyAg97 said:

I'm looking for similar deal, except I'd say 3 hours from DFW.

I have 8 year old son that i hunt with. Hunting near Throckmorton this year but a guy on our lease shot a really nice deer so they are doubling the price.

That's some BS
agingcowboy
AG
Having just moved back to Texas after a decade, I am interested in this topic as well. Posters on here frequently ask about budget. What should one budget with regards to a lease? When I was a kid (30 yrs ago) it was $1k/gun/year on a lease. Now it seems many fold higher than that. What should one expect cost-wise to be able to take 2-3 bucks for self and kids? Getting information about leases in Texas is like "fight club"...no one talks about it (except perhaps to ridicule those that don't already know).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
saltydog13
AG
agingcowboy said:

Having just moved back to Texas after a decade, I am interested in this topic as well. Posters on here frequently ask about budget. What should one budget with regards to a lease? When I was a kid (30 yrs ago) it was $1k/gun/year on a lease. Now it seems many fold higher than that. What should one expect cost-wise to be able to take 2-3 bucks for self and kids? Getting information about leases in Texas is like "fight club"...no one talks about it (except perhaps to ridicule those that don't already know).

Is that 2-3 trophies you're looking for or management bucks? Or just for meat?
agingcowboy
AG
More management type mature bucks. Though having a chance (however small) at a trophy buck makes things more exciting.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
saltydog13
AG
agingcowboy said:

More management type mature bucks. Though having a chance (however small) at a trophy buck makes things more exciting.

I'm guessing northwards of $3k is what you might expect to pay. The further south you go the more expensive it gets
agingcowboy
AG
Interesting. Thanks.

Are any of the search websites for leases any good or even with looking at?
SanAntoneAg
AG
Consider starting by sharing your interest in a lease with friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc. You never know. Someone may know someone or be related to somebody who has access or is currently on a lease with slots to fill.
BlockerBLDG
AG
GumboMaverick said:

BirtHunterAg -

Im looking for a place to go shoot guns, hunt deer, hogs, maybe some dove. Within 5 hours driving distance to plano.

Im open to it having a cabin/house or just remote - where I can bring a tent - or nearby town to grab a hotel/motel.

Not sure what else would help - if you have a spot open on a lease and wouldnt mind having someone head out once every month or two (definitely not an every weekend hunter) - then maybe I could fit.

Been here a while so I have seen some "deer lease" posts that get hammered by the jokesters.

With that said, I have a 9 yo and live in Fort Worth. If there were 3-4 guys with Ag tags that want to get in on a lease for $1-2k a piece, I would be in. My son gets his first rifle this summer and will be hunting on the first youth weekend.

Love making memories outdoors with my kids!

PM if interested and live in the DFW area. Only guys with Ag Tags.
saltydog13
AG
GumboMaverick said:

BirtHunterAg -

Somehow missed this reply. I'm not on a lease. I just figured budget and other details you posted might help some people that have open spots.
GumboMaverick
I'd be willing to pay a couple grand or less of course. Looking more to just go out and shoot. Honestly if I never get a trophy buck I'd be ok. I would almost rather go hog hunting outside of deer season. I'm not in it to reap the benefits of someone else's hard work of filling deer feeders all year. I'd be happy to help manage the land year round with the ability to shoot and enjoy the outdoors with my son
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.