Outdoors
Sponsored by

Doc Schmedemann died

3,896 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by shovel pass
carpe vinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Such a good man...
I sometimes wish I'd listened to his and Judon's advice more.
Doc taught my Dad, me, and remembered both of us.

A&M lost a GREAT one.

https://assets.recenter.tamu.edu/Documents/Articles/Remember_Doc.pdf
ecoag80
AG
Here
Aggie Farmer
AG
Here. LERE '85
Vegas-aggie
AG
Here

My favorite professor.
Me and what's-her-name were invited to his retirement party in '94.
After I graduated, I went back and spoke to his class each semester for several years.
FIDO 96
AG
AGEC degree. Had his class but for the life of me can't remember the course number or description. Also had Judon's Oil & Land Law class. Two of my favorite profs.
carpe vinum
AG
FIDO 96 said:

AGEC degree. Had his class but for the life of me can't remember the course number or description. Also had Judon's Oil & Land Law class. Two of my favorite profs.
Probably 422
texrover91
AG
Doc introduced me to the Cabelas catalog

Sad to hear - RIP Doc
always gig em
AG
Here
WheatFarmer91
Thank you so much for the kind replys. We are takeing him back to Clarks "Crick" to the little country church in Kansas to be buried and where he was baptized.

Let's give a here for the last Professor at Texas A&M in the College of Agriculture that actually farmed behind a team of horses.

BTW. His granddaughter will graduate in May. This will be the 5th Aggie Ring in the family.

John '91
TexAg91
AG
Here
hillcountryag86
AG
Great man. One of the few profs I remember from A&M. Also had three friends who went through the LERE program and to this day they speak very highly of him.

Interestingly, my daughter graduates A&M in May and got accepted to the Masters of Real Estate program.
Astrobo
AG
Here
mtngoat3006
Here.

A great man who liked to talk after class about hunting and fishing adventures. Of all of the professors I had in college, I remember Doc the most because he always seemed genuinely interested in the education and well being of his students.
TRIDENT
AG
AGEC major. Here for Doc. A great man who left his mark on many.
Tom70
AG
Here. Doc was a truly great man. My prof, good friend and hunting partner for 40 years. He will be missed and remembered as long as those of us who knew him are around. His endowed scholarships and endowed professorship will keep his memory and his dedication to his students alive at A&M in the future.
FTAco07
AG
Here. I'm AGEC '07 and LERE '08 so I matriculated after he had retired, but I was fortunate enough to be a recipient of his scholarship one year. He certainly impacted the lives of an untold number of Ags.
Meaux92
Here.

He tried to get me to enter LERE program after graduation and told me if I didn't do it then, I wouldn't come back. As usual, he was right.

A good man and one of the best profs I ever had.
coyote68
Where did you hunt??
92AG10
AG
Here.

Another AGEC major, loved his class.
Chief77
AG
Had a couple of classes under Doc. We liked to talk hunting a bunch went out to his farm South of CS and helped him fertilize his ponds and establish the food chain. He was so happy grew bass and channel cat to 2lbs. In 20 months! After graduation he came to DFW for a seminar and several of us had a good visit while consuming adult beverages. RIP Doc!!
country
AG
Doc was one of a kind. He had an eye for talent in people who didn't know they had talent and pushed them to do their best. A lot of people don't realize the impact that his teaching and program has had on real estate within the State of Texas. His graduates have dominated their niches and have helped to shape the the theory of valuation and land economics. I believe his graduates have collectively documented dang near every square inch of land throughout the State. If you could put it all together in one place it'd be the greatest collection of real estate data in the world.

He was an instrumental part of my life and always kept me grounded as I enjoyed success early in my career. I'm going to miss his guidance dearly. Rest well Doc and don't have too many martinis as you laugh at us trying to get through life without you.
spud1910
AG
Here
Puryear Playboy
AG
Sorry for your loss John. I enjoyed meeting him at Roach/Dunn parties. Jessica loved him.

Kevin J.
SA_Ag93
AG
Here
LERE '94
WheatFarmer91
Hey Guys. This is Doc's son John, I showed this thread to my mom & Doc's wife of 60 years and she started to cry. Please email me at jschmedemann @ frost bank.com so she can know who wrote all of those kind words. Funeral is @ 2:00 PM today

Thanks and Gig Em.
Burrus86
AG
Here
shovel pass
AG
Here
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.