Outdoors
Sponsored by

Feral hog hunting by helicopter is OB

1,463 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SanAntoneAg
shimmeringshark
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dropping this link here, Helibacon, without any commentary for or against - it is written by a freelance writer out of state. Funny observations about fat cajuns and Chinese tourists. Interestingly, the flights originate from Bryan.

I am more interested in the impact the feral hog has on Texas. A mention was made about how the damage the hogs do allows non-native invasive plant species to expand, something I have not heard before.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Hogs are zombies of the animal world... you kill 1-2-10-50 and they just keep coming. I am convinced this is a problem that is not going away because enough out of staters are intrigued by hog hunting that ranches in Texas will still promote hog populations. Hell, most people ***** about hogs on their leases and then when they "disappear", complain about not having hogs to shoot.

There is no doubt they have a large economic impact across the state but I often question how accurate the numbers they come up with are.
plowboy1065
S
Hogs are the Whitewalkers of the real world
SanAntoneAg
AG
One does not hunt from a helicopter.

In the case of hogs, shooting from a helicopter is best termed as an attempt to exterminate.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.