Outdoors
Sponsored by

Terrorist attack at Westminster

2,538 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by acephotographer
highvelocity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Get to work Mr. President

Link Here
magnumtmp
AG
Dang, I thought you meant Westheimer Rd in Houston.

The Dems will be after my knives next.....
EskimoJoe
magnumtmp said:

Dang, I thought you meant Westheimer Rd in Houston.

The Dems will be after my knives next.....

And assult style vehicles
AggieOO
highvelocity said:

Get to work Mr. President

Link Here

get to work on what? this happened in another country. America first, right?
highvelocity
AG
that was pointing to destroying terrorism
AggieOO
highvelocity said:

that was pointing to destroying ISIS
serious follow-up to my psuedo-joke. do we know this was ISIS? i haven't followed closely, so don't know the latest.
highvelocity
AG
fair enough. edited for a more general gruoup
Ol Jock 99
AG
Western Europe has the money and resources to deal with this themselves. I am fine with letting them do so, as opposed to using more of our blood and our tax dollars.
schmellba99
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Western Europe has the money and resources to deal with this themselves. I am fine with letting them do so, as opposed to using more of our blood and our tax dollars.
This.

And, frankly, I have little sympathy for them because they have allowed huge numbers of muslim "immigrants" into their country and have basically done nothing but cater to their demands. In doing so, they have fostered and promoted a system of division.

Basically, they made their own mess, they need to clean it up. We have our own issues here to deal with.
PorkEatingCrusader
AggieOO said:

highvelocity said:

that was pointing to destroying ISIS
serious follow-up to my psuedo-joke. do we know this was ISIS? i haven't followed closely, so don't know the latest.
https://twitter.com/Rita_Katz
RAB87
AG
Thanks liberals!
The Wonderer
AG
From Producer Kenny's (from Michael Berry show) FB:

"Notice anything particularly striking about this photo from earlier today after the London terrorist attack? Go ahead, say it. We all know damn well what I'm talking about."

Ol Jock 99
AG

Images devoid of context often lead to erroneous conclusions.
toolshed
AG
All I want to know is was he carrying a .22?
Credible Source
AG
toolshed said:

All I want to know is was he carrying a .22?
shimmeringshark
AG
Take this to the political board.
acephotographer
I came here to note that one thing that has come out since that day was that the entire incident took only 82 secs from start to finish. And most of the carnage occurred in the first 10-15 secs.

It illustrates how fast most of these incidents occur. I think this was one of quickest reactions by a LEO to use deadly force to eliminate a threat. After viewing some of the CC video and the photo feed, I am of the opinion that only the officer killed at the gate might have been saved with an earlier armed response but even that is a tossup as it appears the attacker was in the midst of others running from the scene.

But I also wanted to agree with OlJock99 about photos and context.

You are looking at 1/500 of a sec, so be very careful of making generalizations from that small slice of time.

I have photos I took at a horrific scene where minutes earlier 27 people had been killed that would make Dallas Cowboys fans look like complete a-holes without context. People in the midst of this sort of incident do strange things as the brain works to comprehend what is going on around them.

This is why radio producers need avoid doing the job of a photo editor. It would be like someone recording slices of their audio to make a radio show say something entirely different than what was said. It isn't very civil and the web now brings out the certifiable and those that are genuinely reprehensible (Like Richard Spencer, et al.)

See some of the tweets directed towards this woman, what the photographer said about the pics, and the woman's response (from a paper on the the conservative side of English media)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/24/muslim-woman-bridge-westminster-attack-speaks-becoming-target/

Be better than this Ags.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.