Outdoors
Sponsored by

I am not a smart man

4,687 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any time I start getting too proud of myself, I just head over to YouTube and watch woodworking videos from Matthias. For example, in this video, he builds his own 20" bandsaw. If you aren't familiar with him, his videos are really interesting.

Then in this video, he uses his homemade bandsaw to mill lumber from a tree he cut down. **** me. Back to the grind.
Papa_Blaze
AG
I have wasted countless hours watching this guy in amazement. This dude has a basement full of tools, infinite amount of time, AND a wife. He's living the life
Sean98
AG
Quote:

I am not a smart man
I could have told you that just by looking at your TexAgs handle. If you need to go 30 miles get a truck or a horse.
Unemployed
AG
I've watched his videos and he's a weird guy. Smart as hell, though.

Wouldn't be surprised if he has Asperger's.
reveille23
That guy is freakin amazing!
Martin Q. Blank
You'd love the movie Still Mine about a true story of a man building his own house for his wife with Alzheimer's. 88 years old and used lumber he milled from his own land. Anal building inspector tried to get it torn down.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/all-i-wanted-to-do-is-build-a-house/article4346687/
Quote:

He had built things with his own hands for 70 years, often using lumber he produced at his own small sawmill. Now he would build a modest, single-storey house where he could look after his wife, Irene, suffering from Alzheimer's.
Quote:

Building inspector Wayne Mercer found many things wrong with Mr. Morrison's house - although it wasn't obvious that the building-code infractions he cited made it particularly unsafe. He noticed that Mr. Morrison's lumber - custom-sawn - did not carry the requisite stickers. The windows did not carry the requisite stickers, either. The roof trusses and floor joists, he thought, were questionable. He wanted the ceilings torn out, drywall removed and wall studs replaced.
Quote:

At one point, a professional home builder, Raymond Debly, volunteered to do an independent inspection. He determined that the house exceeded the requirements of the National Building Code. It was "built like a fort." The lumber, old-growth spruce, was superior to any lumber on the market. ("Some stamped lumber," he said, "shouldn't be used to build a doghouse.") The floors were double strength. ("You could walk an elephant across them.") And the trusses were fine. ("They were built the old-fashioned way," said Mr. Debly, himself 80, "the way we did it in the '60s.")

aggiedent
AG
Quote:

I am not a smart man

Would you like to feel smarter? If so, spend some time on the politics forum. The more posts you read the smarter you will become.
AggieOO
am i the only that that reads this thread title like this:

Yeah that's what I was quoting, haha
AggieOO
26.2 said:

sorry, i'm a little slow today.
FatZilla
AG
26.2 said:

First thing that popped into my head was the player who thanked his wife and girlfriend on live tv. lol
powerbelly
AG
RealTalk said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he has Asperger's.

Nah, he is just Canadian
Chazz03
AG
Haven't seen this you tube channel yet. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to be proud of myself if I can just build some saw horses like that.
cmag
Oh, thank god, just what I needed. A whole youtube channel to make me feel like a complete failure in life.
Scriffer
AG
Good grief, that makes me feel like a loser.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.