Outdoors
Sponsored by

Weed killer recs

2,072 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgResearch
thaed137
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am sure this has been asked before but I can't find it. What would be a good weed killer that would be safe on large bushes that share the same soil?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
What are you trying to kill? What else is around the weeds?
aggiedent
AG
For good advise, you need to give us specifics. That said, you never really want to get the herbicide "on" your bushes, for a couple of reasons.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
If it's grassy weeds you can use "Over The Top". Just read the label to make sure that the shrubs you're spraying over are safe.
thaed137
AG
I'll take some pictures when I get home tonight and post. as I don't know what specific plants they are.

Thanks.
JSKolache
AG
Randy hates atrazine

http://www.randylemmon.com/lawns/gardenline-broadleaf.html
JD05AG
AG
Apparently a .22
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
If there isn't much around the weed and the bushes are fairly mature you can be careful and use round up (most likely). You can always use a coffee can and put around the weed and spray to keep it from drifting or physically paint the herbicide on the problem plant. RoundUp needs green tissue to work so if you get a little bit on a woody stem changes are you will be ok and it won't really move in the soil.
thaed137
AG
Appreciate all the recs. Here is the area pictured below. The neighborhood HOA changed and we need to put some mulch down so wanted to kill the weeds before we mulched the area. Appreciate the help.

G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Just there under the shrubs? Round up should get the job done. Be careful with it but if you splash some on the shrubs they should be ok.
thaed137
AG
Yes just the dirt under the bushes, weeds don't look as bad there but wanted you to get the full picture. Appreciate the help.
elnaco
AG
Add a little dish soap to your round up too to kill some of the harder to kill weeds.
SunrayAg
AG
3rdGenAg05
AG
I'm with Sunray. If that's all there is, pull them by hand or use a hoe and put down the mulch.
SunrayAg
AG
3rdGenAg05 said:

I'm with Sunray. If that's all there is, pull them by hand or use a hoe and put down the mulch.

Just an FYI. When doing an internet search for pictures of hoes, be specific!
AgResearch
AG
SunrayAg said:

3rdGenAg05 said:

Just an FYI. When doing an internet search for pictures of hoes, be specific!
https://roguehoe.com/field-hoe/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.