Outdoors
Sponsored by

Kayak wtb

1,707 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rather be fishing
95richmondaggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
6'1" 225lb out of shape 44YO. Looking for a kayak to fish and cruise a cove on canyon lake. I am a creature of comfort so something that is more comfortable is important. Anyone selling? Anyone have reccomendations for something that would work for me?
FirefightAg
AG
Something wide. If you're aren't planning any real long paddles. Stability is your friend. Also keeping it at the lake or has to be transported. 10' is ok 12' is better but obviously longer hand heavier if having to move around a lot. Also price range you're looking at?!
MouthBQ98
AG
Academy has a couple of perception models that are 12' and would serve you nicely.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Recently laid off and will be relocating.... Possibly to Midland. Could be interested in selling mine. Purchased gentle used last spring and unfortunately never been able to even wet it.

12' Ocean Kayak Classic
2 oars, rod holder, anchor, pfd, seat (think I've still got it), and an anchor stick ( like a power pole).

$600 (that's what I paid) I'm in Beeville.

Kelsbury2003 at Gmail

javajaws
AG
I've got a Wilderness Systems Ride 135 I've been thinking about selling. I'm a big buy and its super stable. Email me if interested...my handle @ gmail. I'm in Austin/Round Rock.

It has a rudder and is currently rigged up with an anchor trolley, anti-skid pads, ram mounts w/rod holder, etc.
95richmondaggie95
AG
Thanks for responses - yes Ill keep at lake and trailer it down behind golf cart. As far as budget goes. Unsure just want a used one with a used price tag.
AggielandPoultry
AG
I have a Jackson Big Rig for sale.. will post a link to pics.
AggielandPoultry
AG
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com
tlh3842
AG
I'm a huge fan of the Wilderness Systems Ride 135. I'm 6'2" 260lb and it is extremely stable. Plenty stable for me to spin all the way around and not be worried. It's comforting to know when I'm actively fishing that I can spin all the way around to grab things, go straight back to casting and never think twice. Sometimes in the hustle of everything, I stop after and think "man I'm in a kayak and I've been busy"
histag10
AG
95richmondaggie95 said:

Thanks for responses - yes Ill keep at lake and trailer it down behind golf cart. As far as budget goes. Unsure just want a used one with a used price tag.

The one listed is a used price. Kayaks are expensive and tend to keep a good bit of their value. If you found a good one under $500, I'd honestly be worried about issues with it. We bought ours used for $750 and sold it for $550.
10thYrSr
I'll weigh in again with the eagle talon 12 I have been using for over 5 years. I'm 5'11" and 240. Never had stability problems. Only issue is I'll never win a speed race with my skinny friends on 14 footers. Tracking is great, minor issue with hull slap, but not a deal breaker. Usually priced about 600 new, but can frequently be found on sale for 450.

http://m.*****sportinggoods.com/p/field-stream-eagle-talon-120-kayak-15fnsufsgltlnstkypsk/15fnsufsgltlnstkypsk
Swarely
Kenneth you still interested in selling? I'm in the market and will be driving through your area soon.
rather be fishing
AG
95, kayaks hold value really well if the bottoms are in good shape and the previous owners have cracked them. A $1200 new kayak can sell for $1000 easy 5-7 years later.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.