Outdoors
Sponsored by

Fishing dock builder in central texas recommendation

1,050 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Strongwind86
barnag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking to build a simple dock to fish off of on a stock tank in central texas. Nothing fancy, just something that will get you off of the grass and out into the water about 10 yards.
Bottlerocket
AG
i cant give a recommendation but something like that wouldn't be a hard DIY job, assuming you have the time. You can buy square plastic floats and some lumber. lots of videos online
EFE
AG
We built 3 for our stock tanks, not that hard if you've got the know how or want to. 8" pipe for the piles 3/8"x6 angle for the cross members and 3" channel for the runners. If you have access to a "hole hog" it'll make drilling your anchors in the channel a lot easier. 2x6 treated lumber for the decking.
barnag
I just don't have the time to.
Hoping to get someone out to do it for me.
Strongwind86
AG
I've helped build two docks and several floating "barges" for fishing using parts/floats from this place.

Dock Building Parts

The biggest on we built was a "T" that extended about 40 feet from shore with a 20 foot "T" at the end. Secured at the shore using some old drill pipe cemented in the ground. It's been there for going on 10 years now.

Used a combination of deck boards and the "thru flow decking"

Thru Flow decking

The flow through decking has held up very well over the years. It's nice on the feet. No slip.

The galvanized hardware made it real easy to put everything together.

Hardware
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.