Outdoors
Sponsored by

Yet another F a thief thread

4,070 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tamc1956ag
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took the day off to go fishing and get a last weekend duck hunt in. Showed up to my boat storage and discovered thieves broke in. Stole my Minn Kota Trolling Motor, Lowrance GPS, Power Pole, 2 maroon roto-molded coolers, Igloo seat cooler, wade gear, push pole, and all my tackle. **** thieves!!
tlh3842
AG
That is rough. What type of storage are you talking about, and where about in the world? Any possibility of cameras?
ADW99
AG
**** thieves.
schmellba99
AG
Chop off fingers and hands. It will work.
FIDO*98*
AG
tlh3842 said:

That is rough. What type of storage are you talking about, and where about in the world? Any possibility of cameras?

Storage unit was right off 185 in Seadrift. My unit and lock was in tact, but, the unit behind me was open. They gained access by knocking down some simple sheet metal. No cameras or anything else that will help catch the thieves
Furlock Bones
AG
That is a lot of time spent stealing. Someone had to have seen something.
TRIDENT
AG
Sorry bastages. I was just down there last weekend. I wish someone would catch them and leave them out in the marsh.
Alte Schule
Singapore has the right idea concerning sneak thieves. A taste of the lash and cane then a stint in their fine take it in the a*** prison. I hate f*****g thieves!
MasterAggie
Brush Country
It's generally a rip off, so most people don't get it, but did you buy the storage unit insurance they always try to upsell you?
FIDO*98*
AG
It was never offered. My boat policy will cover everything with a $750 deductible
Ogre09
AG
Does the storage unit owner bear no liability in safeguarding your goods?
MouthBQ98
AG
Not if they had a decent lawyer draw up their lease docs.
Rocco S
Ogre09 said:

Or were they in on it
Rocco S
Ogre09 said:

Or were they in on it
aggielostinETX
AG
FIDO*98* said:

tlh3842 said:

Storage unit was right off 185 in Seadrift. My unit and lock was in tact, but, the unit behind me was open. They gained access by knocking down some simple sheet metal. No cameras or anything else that will help catch the thieves
That sounds like liability on the storage unit owner.
C4D
AG
schmellba99 said:

Chop off fingers and hands. It will work.

Trump has he balls no doubt.
Leave a thumb for their own ass or take the enitre hand.
FishingAggie
I lost an entire majek 24 extreme. I had stated value insurance. Didn't know what they was until the theft. It pays original cost thank the Lord.

There's a gps unit called spot. It's cheap but the service is like $100 bucks a year.

I get a text every night telling me my new boat is where it's supposed to be. The insurance made me get it. I'm sure you guys know about it but thought I'd pass it on. If the boat moves it alerts me.

So far I love it. It's a random signal so even if they have a signal detector t might not catch it. I'm adding a second one for double protection. Apparently in Florida they are required. See Texas heading that way.

It's probably not foolproof but I feel better. Id never had a claim in 15 years but if my boat is stolen again I can't get coverage according to the insurance agency.

Biggest pain I've been through. Maybe this'll help someone out there. They are putting them on 4 wheelers and jet skis.

It's also a great safety device. Your family can find your equipment if you don't come home in time. Might help with a breakdown or injury if you have no cell service. I love it so far. One opinion and I don't sell them or work for the company. Lol.

Add the police told me there's a ton of thefts on the Texas coast right now. Ring from Florida moved in.
ATX_AG_08
AG
My pops cushion top yeti was stolen off his boat in his driveway in Rockport a few months ago. A concrete statue was stolen from his front yard. Both his power poles were stolen off his airboat one night when he had it on 35 for sale. Cops say they have big drug problems down there (meth) and they suspect it's addicts.
MouthBQ98
AG
I feel your pain. I had some methheads from across the county line nearby loot my boat one weekend when I had it hidden in the woods in back of a property I owned. They actually came across it driving atv's apoarently, and came back with tools and stole a little utility trailer I had out there, and used it to haul off all the batteries, wiring, radio, speakers, and the full fuel tank. They left me the outboard, but that may simply be because I came across it before they could come back and steal it, too. Wrecked the controls, I had to redo them all. I hope they were horribly scarred in a fireball cooking the meth ingredients they used my stuff to buy.
TRIDENT
AG
POS thieves busted!
http://thecoastalbendchronicle.com/25221/264157/a/rockport-police-uncover-statewide-theft-and-burglary-ring

Maybe some of the loot they found is yours and you can get it back?
highvelocity
AG
Safe bet those 2 are meth users. Glad to see them caught
RK
AG
Quote:

Joshua James Gorley, 28, and Joseph Walter Howe, 27,
how in the hell is the top mug shot under 40?
highvelocity
AG
Meth
tamc1956ag
S
Same exact thing happened to me in College Station. Boat parked in my front yard. Went to load up and trolling motor and battery gone...piece of ****e thieves....deductible $500
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.