Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gun Corps College Station

4,146 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OnlyForNow
dallasag00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently these guys closed up shop. Problem is that they have my gun and prepayment on a bunch of accessories for it. Phone number doesn't work, no response on email. Anyone know these guys, have a way to reach them?
txyaloo
AG
Someone posted a while back that a lot of their stock went to Burdett & Sons. You might call them.
AgySkeet06
AG
I have a can in jail with them currently. I found out about the shop closing though Facebook. The have an email and phone number on there to contact them. They called me back in a couple of days and they are finishing up orders and will still process all cans that were purchased though them
Thisguy1
Weren't they associated with the gun range in Bryan?
AgySkeet06
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Weren't they associated with the gun range in Bryan?
They took it over a couple of years ago and did a lot of upgrades then suddenly the property owner took it back over. Never got the full details but something seemed fishy about the whole deal. That range has sense changed ownership/management again recently
aggiepaintrain
AG
Not sure why they wouldn't call every customer and apologize and give them their guns back immediately. Don't mess with a man's ride or his guns, period.
Eliminatus
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Not sure why they wouldn't call every customer and apologize and give them their guns back immediately. Don't mess with a man's ride or his guns, period.

Exactly. The instant the decision to close up was made I don't know why they weren't on the phone or emailing those whose property they are holding in limbo. That isn't even business savvy. That is not being a dick.
SteveBott
AG
Guys don't go Postel yet. Give them Monday 5pm.
aggiepaintrain
AG
they announced they closed 1/3/17
times up
CactusThomas
AG
AgySkeet06 said:

They called me back in a couple of days and they are finishing up orders and will still process all cans that were purchased though them

That would be concerning to me. I would rather them refund the money now. Who knows knows where they will be in several months, but they probably won't be answering emails or phone calls.
GSS
CactusThomas said:

AgySkeet06 said:

They called me back in a couple of days and they are finishing up orders and will still process all cans that were purchased though them

That would be concerning to me. I would rather them refund the money now. Who knows knows where they will be in several months, but they probably won't be answering emails or phone calls.
This ^^...Texas Gun Company told my son the same thing (processing the cans on order), but when pressed had canceled with ATF, and (slowly) started issuing refunds.
CS78
Has anybody had any contact with them or been able to recover any of your stuff?

A poster on the Aggieland Board found the filing for the new business by the same owner.

http://txcpa.lookupbook.net/crutcher-customs-llc-bryan-tx

AgySkeet06
AG
dallasag00 any update on getting your stuff???

I'm curious as I hopefully with get my can approved soon and wondering how hard its going to be to track it down
AgySkeet06
AG
Figured I'd add an update here for anyone interested/involved.

Been doing my own research trying to figure out how to get my can from Gun Corp that was approved March 14, 2017. I got the most solid complete answer today from someone at Spirit of Texas Bank.

Spirit of Texas Bank has everyones guns and firearms. These were taken as part of the Gun Corp bankruptcy proceedings (If i understand correctly these were taken due to a motion being granted by the court, however bankruptcy proceedings are still ongoing). The bank recognizes these are paid for items and wants to get these to their rightful owners.Guns are going to be a little easier here soon to return.

Suppressors are going to be a little bit more difficult but they are trying to as best they can within the law. They are working with another well known gun store in college station to do the final paperwork and transfer to the purchaser. The problem is they do not have the Tax Stamps that have been issued. The bank believes the tax stamps are in Joel's possession from Gun Corp. When speaking to the bank official, he said it is complicated for the bank to contact him directly during the bankruptcy process but the bank official has called and texted Joel with no response regarding acquiring the tax stamps.

Apparently some people (customers) have been very hostile verbally to Joel during this process which may be why he is not taking or returning phone calls.The bank official asked if I had a means to contact Joel to POLITELY ask him to contact the bank regarding all issued tax stamps. So if anyone here has close contacts with Joel or friend of a friend type contacts if they could pass the word down that the bank is trying to disperse suppressors if they can acquire the issued tax stamps.
txyaloo
AG
Gun Corps hasn't updated their FFL to change their premises or mailing address. I wonder if they have physical access to the building still?

Assuming the bank has access to the building/mail received, one way to side step Joel would be to request from the ATM certified copies of any approved stamps. These could potentially go directly to the bank.
AgySkeet06
AG
The bank said they have cleared out the store. I learned this originally from the stores building owner whole said the bank provided him with documentation from the court to remove items and the store is now empty. The locks have been changed and GC no longer has access to inside the old business. My guess is joel had all store business/mail forwarded to his residence.

Also the ATF will not reissue stamps. I contacted them regarding this. They forwarded me to the Department of Justice who sent me a certified copy of my approved application.
txyaloo
AG
AgySkeet06 said:

The bank said they have cleared out the store. I learned this originally from the stores building owner whole said the bank provided him with documentation from the court to remove items and the store is now empty. The locks have been changed and GC no longer has access to inside the old business. My guess is joel had all store business/mail forwarded to his residence.

Also the ATF will not reissue stamps. I contacted them regarding this. They forwarded me to the Department of Justice who sent me a certified copy of my approved application.
I realize ATF won't reissue the stamps... I mentioned certified copies for a reason. I'm honestly surprised the ATF provided one to you since the physical transfer hasn't occurred. In their eyes, Gun Corps still owns the NFA items. If the bank has physical possession of the items, I assume they've worked something out with the ATF. Per the letter of the law, the bank shouldn't be able to touch any of the NFA items since they aren't on the FFL. The bank or assisting FFL doesn't need to wait for Joel to hand over the physical stamps. The certified copy serves the same purpose.

GC's premises and mailing address on their FFL is still listed as the store location. I would hope the ATF is conducting some administrative action on GC. GC's FFL is effectively void at this point since they don't have access to their premises.
CS78
A certified copy should is just as good as the stamp.
BreNayPop
OnlyForNow
AG
Sounds like Joel needs to produce everyone's property.... ya think people are pissed? Sorry dude, businesses come and go, but good luck EVER getting anyone to do business with you again after this fiasco.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.