Outdoors
Sponsored by

Lost My Buddy This Morning

3,139 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Beckdiesel03
Corps_Ag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Valentine, 2003-2017

Had to put down my furry friend this morning due to health issues. She's been with me since my parents brought her home in 2003 at 10 weeks old. She was always small for a golden retriever, but always so full of energy like most are. It's going to be hard going home today knowing she won't greet me at the door any longer. I know I'll see her again someday, across the rainbow bridge.

Rest in peace Valentine, you will be dearly missed.
BreNayPop
AG
These posts always make it so dusty in my office...
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Tough losing a pet you have known for 14 years, we lost ours a few years back and we still walk in the front door expecting her to greet us.
TRIDENT
AG
Sorry for your loss Corps_Ag12.
reddog90
AG
Sorry for your loss.
NW80
AG
here
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Sorry for your loss.
Aries
zooguy96
Sorry for your loss. I had to put down a cat last year I had for 17 years, almost since I left A&M.

I still halfway expect him to walk through the kitchen meowing at me.
MouthBQ98
AG
. Sorry to hear. Many of us know your pain, but it is better to have had the joy and pain than to have never known either.
Terk
AG
Sorry for your loss
AgBass01
AG
Sorry to hear that.
AgLaw94
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

. Sorry to hear. Many of us know your pain, but it is better to have had the joy and pain than to have never known either.
This. It hurts so much every time I just have to keep reminding myself of what I'd have missed if I'd always avoided the potential pain of parting.
Sean98
AG
Here
BlueMiles
AG
Sorry
OhAggie98
AG
Sorry for your loss. My boy is 13 and slowing down. I'm dreading this day with him. I've promised myself I won't be selfish and let him suffer. It's the least we can do for them. Kudos to you OP for making the tough decision.
schmellba99
AG
Sorry to hear that. The lucky few have at least one good dog in their life though
agdad4x
God, I hate these threads but I have to read them - thoughts and prayers to you and your beloved pet
Ol_Ag_02
AG
I had to put down my Beagle on January 2nd; its such a hard decision to watch your friend deteriorate in front of you; and man is it terrible seeing them put down. I was really depressed for about a week, but hang in there man, it gets easier.

Sorry for your loss. Honestly losing a dog is one of those things I don't think you can just understand until you have to do it.

On a lighter note, my six year old seemed to take it pretty well. For the first few days she would come whisper in my ear, "Daddy, did you remember that Lucy died?" When I asked the eight year old if she was sad she said, "Nope, Heaven is awesome right? So she's happy being there."
Ol_Ag_02
AG
When the time comes, don't second guess yourself. If you're like me when I finally got the guts to make the decision it was about two weeks too late. That last weekend was really hard on her.
gigemJTH12
AG
if it makes you feel any better, I will say that you should be happy to have seen their whole life. I have lost two dogs at 4 years old from medical issues out of my control.

I know your pain.

I hope it gets better for you soon. prayers.
always gig em
FBG_Ag78
AG
Sorry for your loss 12! We had to put our 13 yr old Jack Russell down yesterday. Our pets give us so much happiness and joy all their life and when they leave they rip out a piece of our hearts to take with them. It sure hurts but it's worth it.
big ben
AG
Been there, it's hard, I make it a point to walk in quickly say a quick goodbye and out, less than a minute.

Then I take them to what was their favorite spot in the yard and give them a proper burial out of respect for many years of happiness and loyalty.
daryl gersch
AG
You will see her again as long as you believe in Jesus Christ and a Christian. Go to youtube and look up stories on "after life experiences". Where this one person has an after life experience, visits Heaven, sees relatives, and low and behold his pet dog, who died years earlier came up to meet him. He even states that he entered this area and it was full of dogs and horses all waiting for their former owners to greet them. Our Lord is Great.
carpe vinum
AG
Been there, it never gets easier.
Texas 1836
AG
Really sorry. They do take hold
Alte Schule
Sorry to hear that. It's a sad thing to be sure. Had the mobile vet come to the house and put my 12 yr old Weimer down just before Christmas. It was hard for all of us but I took some comfort in knowing he was no longer in pain. I hope he catches that elusive squirrel he chased for so many years.
gsp_hunt
We lost our 15 year old GSP in October of 2013. I looked at his box of ashes, paw print in clay, and photo. the other day.

I cried.

Sorry. Take care.
tk127ag
AG
Feel your sadness. Will be two yrs since I Put my chocolate down at 14 yrs old. Truly a best mans friend.
jsdaltxag
Sorry for your loss. Was in the same position 2 years 7 months and 15 days ago. Lost my best friend. Things will get better.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Got my golden on Valentine's 2002. He has slowed down and every day I'm grateful he is here. Seriously no matter what I read here it's going to be terrible. I can't prepare myself for that. Every damn day.::
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.