Outdoors
Sponsored by

Elk in the National Elk Refuge - Webcam - look now!

3,319 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FSGuide
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.alltravelcams.com/jackson_hole_wyoming/national_elk_refuge.php

There are several webcams in the Jackson Hole area that I check out from time to time.

This is the first time I've actually seen elk in the refuge.Thought y'all might be interested.
tx1c
AG

tx1c
AG
I rode by there last August and wondered what it was like when the elk are there.
mts6175
AG
Big boy with his left antler broken off walking in on the left. And a wolf or a coyote running around in the background too.
aggiesq
AG
why arent they laying in the sun where its warmer?

someone be sure sean gets this link

buzzardb267
AG
Do they still let you ride the sleds out among the elk. Did that once in the 80s and it was incredible. They fed them off the same sleds so the elk were oblivious to it. Guide said if you stepped off the sled, it would be a stampede.
TommyGun
AG
Yep you can still do the sleigh rides. The refuge has a good population on it this year. My wife and I made a quick drive through it last Saturday evening. Here are some pics...

aggiesq
AG
Bump for live
FrontPorchAg
My house used to back up to the South Parcel. I got a knock at my door one night from the sheriff with my labrador. Apparently, old Sully had snuck out the back and been chasing the herd around for a couple hours.
chris1515
AG
i just checked the webcam and you can see the sleigh rides taking place. They seem to have stopped and are checking out 6 bulls.

Wish I were there now instead of my nice warm comfy cubicle...
aggielostinETX
AG
chris1515 said:

i just checked the webcam and you can see the sleigh rides taking place. They seem to have stopped and are checking out 6 bulls.

Wish I were there now instead of my nice warm comfy cubicle...
yep, pretty damn kewl
chris1515
AG
quite a few elk milling around today and the picture is very clear...temp looks to be 39 degrees in Jackson today, so I'm guessing the elk will be heading out of the refuge very soon (if they aren't already).
civilized05
AG
Looks like a massive herd moving right now. Pretty cool!
chris1515
AG
BUMP...

https://www.seejh.com/webcams/jacksonhole/jackson/elk-refuge

FSGuide
Oooh! I see a banded one. Do people collect those like they do with duck & goose bands?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.