Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

78,696 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoss said:

If I recall correctly from our FFA days, Sean is pretty tall and lean. That's great for rowing. He oughta be able to sprint a 1:40 without hardly breathing. I did a 1:39 500m max effort a week or two ago and I'm 300 lbs. Come on, Sean, put some effort in it.
Having 30" legs pretty much sux for running but I can make up for it in rowing with sheer leg power.
toolshed
AG
I'll be in. The wife and I started our diet plan before Christmas. Rough, but as she said, it's never a good time to start. We actually came out of the holidays down weight, which is awesome considering we cheated at the family dinners and such.

We are doing the Medi Weightloss program, ketosis based diet. We keep track of protein calories (1100/ day), exclude carbs and sugars, each a couple cups of veggies a day, or 1 fruit/ 1 veggie. It's tough to start out with, and we are learning to be creating with the proteins (turkey taco bowl with crisp lettuce for crunch vs grilled chicken) and it is getting better. So far, losing a few pounds of fat each week, making sure I maintain the muscle.

Initially I weighed in a 299 the first week of December, dropped 4.5 lbs by 12/20, and then the next weigh in I did is the one I entered for the first week of January @ 293
Sean98
AG
Yeah, without much to compare it to since I row on my own in my basement I'm slowly learning where my advantages/limitations are. Looking online at data it's such a hodge podge of crap. Deats with 30" nubs for legs can probably rip out 30spm, no problem. It's a real struggle for me at 6'4" with a 37" inseam to get north of 28spm. ...but I may be catching more meters at 26spm than he is at 30.

I'm also guessing that if Hoss is just ripping out sub 1:40s one after another there is either a damper difference in his erg and my ModelC, or an inherent benefit to being 3-hundy. Also highly possible that I'm just a puss. That is probably most likely. There also seems to be a real flattening of my diminishing marginal returns below 1:40. For me to go from 2:00 to 1:50? Easy. To go from 1:50 to 1:45? not that bad. To go from 1:45 to 1:40? Tough. To go from 1:40 to 1:38? Real hard. To go from 1:38 to 1:37? Even harder.

My best ever was before I went to CO last year for the trip that shall not be spoken of and it was 1:33 and some change and it sucked. I puked afterwards.
Hoss
AG
To be fair, I did it ONE time in a single 500m max effort test. Damper was set on 7 because that's where it was when I got on it and I've never really understood what that thing does. And I don't know if this is the exact rowers my gym has, but they look like these...

http://www.roguefitness.com/black-concept-2-model-d-rower-pm5?gclid=CJne9KnivdECFcK6wAodYOECUA

All I know is the tall people seem to do well. A tall skinny dude in my class that can barely squat 200 lbs cranked out 1:25 or something like that on the rower when I did my 1:39. That guy also kills it on the assault bike though, so maybe it's just him.
rather be fishing
AG
WTF is a basement?

And rowing is quickly becoming crossfit.
TheVarian
AG
Cross fit is glorious. Thankfully I'll take hearing about crossfit over someone telling me they are vegan.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
God forbid they are a vegan who does CrossFit...
CanyonAg77
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

And a Jehovah's Witness.
Brush Country
This year, I'm trying to get so fat I can't see my **** anymore. I've got a good start.
TheVarian
AG
Brush Country said:

This year, I'm trying to get so fat I can't see my **** anymore. I've got a good start.
Good ol' Dickie Doo syndrome. Where your stomach hangs out farther than your dickie doo
AggieChemist
AG
Made it to the gym this morning at 5, even though I didn't want to.

40 burpees
40 lunges

8 minutes as many as possible
ascending ladder, increase by three reps each round
3/3 power cleans and pushups,

66 reps

rest 7 minutes then
8 minutes as many as possible
ascending ladder, increase by three reps each round
53lb kettle bell swings and 24" box jumps

65 reps

I earned my bacon and eggs and black rifle coffee this morning.
aggielostinETX
AG
How is the Black Rifle Coffee?
AggieChemist
AG
I drink a pot a day. I'd set it up on a drip if my lab tech was a phlebotomist worth half a *****
BenderRodriguez
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

So a vegan Texan pilot who does crossfit walks into a bar....
BreNayPop
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Tx-Ag2010 said:

And starts a rowing discussion?
Tx-Ag2010
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Tx-Ag2010 said:

Tells the whole bar he was the inspiration for MFBarnes...
TexasAggie_02
AG
The hardest working vegan in crossfit
wesag
AG
Alright
VanZandt92
I'm in. I'm starving, man.
VanZandt92
Not eating today until pulled pork in South Carolina at Cowpens historic site.
aggielostinETX
AG
Rowed 10k in 47:28
Hoss
AG
Lost a couple of pounds this week to make up for the couple I gained last week. Did three ossCray itFay workouts in the last three days and my 40 year old body is feeling it tonight. Tired and sore all over. Better hit Freebirds to refeed and replenish. Glad tomorrow is a rest day.
texAZtea
AG
My goals aren't weight oriented, but since I've started going to the gym, I've started noticing patterns in my weight. In the middle of the week I was down 5 pounds under my "holiday weight", but today I was up three pounds from the middle of the week. I guess I'm gonna have to start watching my eating on the weekend too.
htxag09
AG
Wish me luck. My first marathon tomorrow.
suprafly03
AG
Good luck!

Think about how awesome it'll be to have a "26.2" sticker on your car/truck.
BreNayPop
AG
Good luck!
toolshed
AG
I just spent about 8-9 hours on a chain saw, does that count? Kinda like rowing, maybe?
Hoss
AG
suprafly03 said:

Good luck!

Think about how awesome it'll be to have a "26.2" sticker on your car/truck.

I bought an Ironman sticker to put on mine. Never have and never will run an Ironman, but I used to have an Ironman watch so I figure that counts.
AggieChemist
AG
Starting weight 253.4
Week 1: 245.8
Week 2: 243.8

Pulled off a solid 2 lb loss this week, even after spending most of the week at no further loss. Happy with it. Maybe next week I can hit the 230s. It's a marathon not a sprint, but it's nice to see the numbers go down.
aggielostinETX
AG
Stayed at 216 this week. Really need to control the diet.

ETA: 3500m recovery row
jetch17
AG
Flew off the rails eating and drinking my weight in beer hunting this weekend.

Back on the paintrain tomorrow
BenderRodriguez
AG
Starting weight:244
Week one: 240
Week two: 240

Out of town, so don't have access to my logs, and can't add data to spreadsheet on phone.

No weight loss, but I did lift, run, and do my push-ups and sit ups this week.

Not discouraged, last year my weight didn't fluctuate much but I had to tighten my belt by 4 notches to keep my pants up over the course of the year so I think I was doing a lot of replacing fat with muscle.

When I get home I should tape myself so I can measure progress that way as well.
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

Sw 262
Gw 200

Sw= 262
Wk 1 wt= 258
Wk 2 wt= 252.2
Hoss
AG
Started Saturday with trying to get my diet cleaned up. I decided to go back to the plan they gave me in a 6 week challenge I did back in August when I first started CrossFit. It worked well for me then. Hoping it works well for me now.

7:00 - Post Workout
6 oz lean protein
6 oz carbs (usually rice or sweet potatoes or fruit)
1-2 cups veggies

10:00
6 oz lean protein
1-2 cups veggies

1:00
6 oz lean protein
1-2 cups veggies
1 serving healthy fats (usually 1/2 large avocado or handful of almonds)

4:00
6 oz lean protein
1-2 cups veggies
1 serving healthy fats (see above)

7:00
6 oz lean protein
1-2 cups veggies

Water
150 oz per day

For those counting calories, that's generally going to be in the neighborhood of 2,000 calories (+/- depending on your selections).

When I was doing this for the 6 week challenge I did we were allowed to have one optional cheat meal a week. Whether I took it or not depended on how I felt like I did for the week. If I stuck to the plan and did well I rewarded myself with a reasonable cheat meal. If not I skipped it.

Also, they really wanted us to eat a meal identical to the post workout meal about an hour before a workout, but that would require me to get up and eat at 4:30 in the morning and I just don't want to eat that early.
Ol Jock 99
AG
0515 workout. 24 YO trainer crapped us the heck out. Celebrating surviving with stratch pancakes and bacon with the family. Clean eating.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.