Outdoors
Sponsored by

A&M dog abuse, says Peta

5,228 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FroggieBreath
kingj3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This popped up on my Facebook tonight.

http://www.peta.org/action/action-alerts/texas-university-dog-laboratories/

I haven't respected PETA since I saw a video full of lies, half-truths, and slander about dove hunting. I figured some OB'ers might have the run down on this, or just might enjoy knowing what our friends at PETA are up to...
Yesterday
AG
Saw this earlier. Video is from a lab in France, not Texas A&M and there was nothing that showed a dog being shocked. There was also nothing factual in the article regarding A&M. Epitome of fake news.
kingj3
AG
That wouldn't surprise me. I wonder what we did to really piss them off
carpe vinum
AG
**** PETA.
EFE
AG
03ki11erAG said:

Saw this earlier. Video is from a lab in France, not Texas A&M and there was nothing that showed a dog being shocked. There was also nothing factual in the article regarding A&M. Epitome of fake news.

This is mildly tinfoil hatty of me. But I'm convinced there is some data analytics firm that scours the web for what search terms generate the most clicks and "Texas A&M" is one of them and probably a by-product of sites like Texags. And all they do is attach is our name to things however they can to generate clicks and buzz.
bmc13
AG
SECeded
3rdGenAg05
AG
Slightly less tinfoil than that, I'm sure we get a bad wrap with most "news" sites/organizations because we're known to be a conservative school.
Fake news to drag our name in the mud is easy and their is no accountability on the internet.
carpe vinum
AG
West Coast slap***** on the antiGMO bit have looooong hated A&M because of Borlaug, nearly as much as they hate Monsanto.
There are a couple sprigs on the inlaw tree I see 1-2 times a year that I'll bring up Monsanto just to watch their heads explode.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
PETA can EAD!
Agmechanic
AG
carpe vinum said:

West Coast slap***** on the antiGMO bit have looooong hated A&M because of Borlaug, nearly as much as they hate Monsanto.
There are a couple sprigs on the inlaw tree I see 1-2 times a year that I'll bring up Monsanto just to watch their heads explode.

You too? The sprigs in my family are my sister. Its hilarious to sit back, sip whiskey, and get her good and pissed off about gmo corn. Usually throw some good old fracking talk in there to really set her off.
always gig em
AG
People Eating Tasty Animals
FCBlitz
Wow a left wing whack organization that lies about what it knows.......shocking.

The left would rather save whales then be concern about human babies being harvested for tissue.
Psych
AG
I was told within the last couple of week that PETA successfully prevented Rev from being at the last 2 football games. No idea who made the final call, but it is was due to pressure from PETA.
normaleagle05
AG
PETA thinks soap is bacteria abuse. Stop looking at that train wreck and maybe it'll cease to be.
FroggieBreath
Are ANY dogs at A&M being subjected to cruel treatments? It's a great question despite PETA.
Before you answer, are you positive? How do you know?
Not trying to troll just both a dog lover and a lover of science.
EMY92
AG
How about PETA clean up the shelter at their HQ in Virginia. Animals brought there have a very small chance of survival.

A local shelter a couple of miles away places something like 95% in new homes.

They are a political organization designed to make the top levels rich, much like unions. They just realized that pets are great at pulling on heart and purse strings.
Yesterday
AG
FroggieBreath said:

Are ANY dogs at A&M being subjected to cruel treatments? It's a great question despite PETA.

Do you touch small children in private places? Are you sure? You need to prove it. See what I did there, I had the exact same factual evidence of you touching children inappropriately as these people had of Texas A&M abusing dogs.
powerbiscuit
Isn't PETA the bunch that got caught killing hundreds of dogs and they would then throw the bodies in the dumpster?

I might be high on the number, the story is several years old
powerbiscuit
here's an article about peta killing dogs

PETA employees charged with animal cruelty Two arrested in N.C. for dumping dead dogs, cats in garbage bin

Quote:

Two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals were charged with animal cruelty for allegedly picking up dogs and cats from shelters and dumping their dead bodies in the garbage.

Police said they found 18 dead animals in the bin and 13 more in a van registered to the activist group, all from shelters in the state's northeastern corner.
Investigators arrested the two workers after staking out a garbage bin where animals had previously been dumped, police said Thursday.
powerbiscuit
Another article about the dog killers.

TWO PETA EMPLOYEES ARRESTED FOR CRUELTY: CAUGHT DUMPING DOGS THEY 'RESCUED' FROM SHELTERS

Quote:

The investigation and arrests confirm what NAIA has known for years: PeTA's "sanctuary" exists to give the organization a veneer of respectability that is no more legitimate than a front business used by mobsters as a cover for corrupt activities.

PeTA is no stranger to killing animals it claims are better dead than held captive. From 1998-2003, PeTA killed more than 10,000 of the 13,000 animals brought to its sanctuary in Norfolk.

Quote:

A veterinarian speaks out
Ahoskie veterinarian Dr. Patrick Proctor said that he has spayed and neutered animals brought to him by PeTA representatives for several years. The representatives asked him if he had any adoptable animals they could also take to Norfolk for placement in new homes. Over the years, he sent about 50 animals with them, including a mother cat and two kittens in the Wednesday pick-up. He identified one of the dead dogs found Wednesday as a six-month-old Labrador retriever cross puppy in apparently good condition except for the hypodermic needle hole in its front leg.
Proctor said that he is trying to get the word out about these killings and has called national media in an attempt to get them interested in the story.
techno-ag
AG
Evidently there's some kind of move... saw this meme recently.

Sean98
AG
EMY92 said:

They are a political organization designed to make the top levels rich, much like the NRA. They just realized that guns are great at pulling on heart and purse strings.

Flip side of that coin and equally as true.
The only solution to this is for president young to have a concert and dog show at Kyle Field to show our love for dogs.
FroggieBreath
I think A&M could account for 100% of the dogs in labs. Pretty simple. They could sue PETA as well.
Analogy denied.
dr_boogs
AG
FroggieBreath said:

Hmmmm, as someone who intermittently has institutionally-owned dogs on campus AND who serves on the IACUC (committee that oversees and approved animal use in teaching and research) I can confirm that dogs are absolutely NOT treated cruelly, they are treated royally. You have no idea how rigorous those processes are. They are treated better than humans in 2nd and 3rd world countries, and frankly better than some humans are treated by their families in the US.
FroggieBreath
That is great to hear. A&M should sue!
DOG XO 84
AG
FroggieBreath said:

I think A&M could account for 100% of the dogs in labs. Pretty simple. They could sue PETA as well.
Analogy denied.
Yes, and we all think that you could chronical each and every contact you have had with small children in the last 5 years and how many times you were alone with them. Pretty simple. The analogy was certainly not denied, it was spot on. For you, all it took was a baseless charge by a corrupt organization and you feel we should be forced to disprove the allegation. Maybe you should disprove our baseless allegation, you perverted molester, before asking someone else to do the same.
FroggieBreath
Do you have a video of me with said children?

PETA specified peoples names and have video? That's my understanding. I'm not saying you have to prove a negative. If someone said things about me that were not true and was damaging to my career I would sue.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.