Outdoors
Sponsored by

Taxidermy Cost - Longhorn Hide Rug

1,826 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by powerbelly
Cannon Crew Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw the thread about the cost of getting a longhorn shoulder mount, which in turn got me thinking about having our longhorn that we keep with the cows turned into a rug. I know that pricing for this stuff varies based on size, but would anybody here have a rough idea for how much something like this tends to run you?
JYDog90
AG
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Longhorn+hides+for+sale
Log
AG
Call North Texas Tannery and get him to give you a quote. He's done a number of furs and hides did me, does a very good job, and has very reasonable prices. Plus, you cut out the middleman. He'll tell you the best way to get the hide to him to ensure good quality.
powerbelly
AG
Log said:

Call North Texas Tannery and get him to give you a quote. He's done a number of furs and hides did me, does a very good job, and has very reasonable prices. Plus, you cut out the middleman. He'll tell you the best way to get the hide to him to ensure good quality.
EOT
Walter Kovacs
AG
450 for the hide at north texas tannery

Edit: what they said
Log
AG
As a side note, he's usually been working on a hair-on bison hide or two everytime I've been there.

I dropped a really nice frozen buck hide off last fall to get tanned, and once he started working on it, the hair started slipping. Sometimes if just happens, no matter how meticulous you are. He called to offer a refund or to make it into leather, and I had him do leather, since I'll end up using it for a project eventually. He was upfront and honest, which I like.

Small shop, but I can provide pics of several of the items he's done for me if needed.
Gigemags05
AG
Yeah NTT is the way to go. If you can drop it off personally he will give you a tour and a hat. He is a first class guy. $34 for a whitetail hide last time I had one done.
AgLA06
AG
Anyone had an elk hide done? Thoughts? Cost?
powerbelly
AG
http://northtexastannery.bravesites.com/pricelist
AgLA06
AG
Warning, I'm going to ask a dumb question.

What is the difference between cape and hide?
powerbelly
AG
Cape is part used for shoulder mount. Hide is everything
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.