Outdoors
Sponsored by

NFA Wait times

3,360 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheCougarHunter
fire09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know some of you may have SBR and suppressors in jail. I wanted to let you all know that my stamp came in today and give you a benchmark.
E-Filed Form 1 on 4/13, check cashed 4/21. Stamp approval was 12/6. I was told the forms filed in June may not he done until March-April next year due to the volume they are processing. Hope this helps you all. Sure will be nice to get my suppressor next week, after 8 months of waiting....rediculous.
dodger02
AG
Wait times
TactiCOOL_Ag
AG
Wow. I was expecting mine any day now as I filed in June. Thanks for the heads-up. Btw, does anyone have any suggestions for gunsmithing in Houston? I'll need my AK pistol drilled to add a stock. Apparently, not until March or so. Lol.
Rachel 98
AG
Thanks for the update! I sent my paperwork in on 4/20 and check the ATF Wait Times page on Silencer Shop's site, but they have only been updating it about once a month (instead of weekly like they used to).

Hopefully it won't be long now!!
35chililights
AG
Yea, I called my FFL last week. They said they had late March rolling in right now. I guess you got lucky you were on the front part of the April bump. Mine was sent middle of April and I'm not expecting it before Christmas. Those in June and especially those in July are likely looking at a 12-18 month wait.
tx4guns
AG
Guess mine will be here early Feb. That's a month later than the projected time when I sent them in.
maverick2076
35chililights said:

Yea, I called my FFL last week. They said they had late March rolling in right now. I guess you got lucky you were on the front part of the April bump. Mine was sent middle of April and I'm not expecting it before Christmas. Those in June and especially those in July are likely looking at a 12-18 month wait.

You know, it's amazing. They might not get to my application for a year, but they sure did cash the checks for them within a week.
35chililights
AG
Yea. It's about the only entity that can operate like that without consumer outrage.

I mean, I'm outraged, but there isn't a viable alternative vendor.
AgBass01
AG
I submitted mine in October, just called to see if it was even in the system yet and the lady said no, they're just now submitting stuff from late July. Also had a disclaimer as soon as I called that said wait times are around 8 months.
highvelocity
AG
hopefully the HPA passes in a couple months and the wait goes to NOTHING!!
AgBass01
AG
highvelocity said:

hopefully the HPA passes in a couple months and the wait goes to NOTHING!!
That would be nice because my form 1 is for a suppressor.
highvelocity
AG
i have 4 in jail that i really dont feel like waiting more than a year on -__-
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Decided to pick up another can. This sucks.
reddog90
AG
Form 1 Trust Efile for SBR June 26th 2016
NFA tracker makes me think it will be in the next month or so.
BenderRodriguez
AG
I have a 12" PTR that desperately needs to be turned into a G3k.

I haven't put in for the stamp yet. It's just depressing at this point thinking about doing all the crap I'd have to do and paying $200 to wait a year+. Grr
TheCougarHunter
AG
Filed for my suppressor in May and it's still in jail

Wtf is wrong with the ATF
Aggietaco
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Filed for my suppressor in May and it's still in jail

Wtf is wrong with the ATF
1. They had no interest in timely processing in the first place.
2. They were inundated with stamp requests prior to the rule changes.

I do a pretty good job of forgetting about my outstanding stamps, until this thread gets bumped.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Those guys go slow on purpose to make it as difficult as possible for the common people to get those "dangerous items"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.