Outdoors
Sponsored by

Scope for a .22 WMR bolt action rifle

1,310 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Brush Country Ag
76Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a Marlin bolt action rifle in .22 WMR that I want to re-scope. It has a Simmons scope on it now but it seems to be made of plastic. I find some rimfire scopes but they are all for .22 LR. Are these going to be okay for a .22 WMR? Can anyone recommend a scope for my rifle?
CTGilley
AG
I would think they would be fine but I have a 3x9 Crossfire II I am looking to unload never used and still in the box. Probably a little over kill for a .22 mag.
Strongwind86
AG
I've got a Simmons 3X9 - 40 Prohunter WA I took off one of my 10/22's a few years back. Good scope - wanted a simple red dot on the 10/22 instead.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Simmons-Prohunter-3-9X40-Wide-Angle-Rifle-Scope/6340043

Trade it for a handle of Tito's?

In the Houston area - PM me if interested - SW86
ConstructionAg01
AG
Either consider one of the above offers, or scout around on 24hourcampfire.com for a Leupold RF or similar 4x scope. 2-7x32 would be a good one as well. I recently bought a Leupold RF 4x for $130 on there. Seems like those kinds of scopes come up regularly.

And yes, a quality rimfire scope can handle .22mag
Brush Country Ag
AG
Nikon Rimfire and Weaver Rimfire are both excellent riflescopes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.