Outdoors
Sponsored by

The cops found my AR!

6,706 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had my springfield xd stolen while in college. I got it back about a year later, cops wouldn't give me any details on who they caught with it. It was a little weird at first and I thought about selling it but just kept it and got over the weirdness.

A note, though: my college roommate was a police officer so I asked him to run the serial number when I was thinking about selling it. Showed up as stolen, called CSPD and asked about it. They said sorry, they'll get it taken care of, 3 months later, same thing, repeat a couple more times. Finally, about 9-12 months after I got my gun back, it came up clean when my buddy checked it.
MasterAggie
AG
Quote:

Congrats. Wonder of it will still have the blood on it when you get it.
Most likely it will.
schmellba99
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

Selling a gun with murder's...
Why the thumbs down? The gun didn't commit the murder, the person holding it did.
JSKolache
AG
Quote:

and also have them stored on my email account so I Russian hackers can access them from anywhere.
FIFY - never store this data on email servers.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
schmellba99 said:

Tx-Ag2010 said:

Selling a gun with murder's...
Why the thumbs down? The gun didn't commit the murder, the person holding it did.
Didn't mean to do thumbs down... I fat fingered that one.
TexasAggie_02
AG
JR69 said:

Rufneck said:

This thread has motivated me to do a proper inventory with serial numbers. It has been something I have needed to do.
I have a spreadsheet with all my guns listed, when and where purchased, serial numbers, year of manufacture, and status - i.e. in my safe, sold, given away, etc

I keep a copy on my laptop, my home computer, in my email, and on a usb drive on my keychain, in my gunsafe, and with my brother in law in his gun safe.

Cool, that means the NSA has them too.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.