Outdoors
Sponsored by

Texian Firearms - December thread! Red dot group buy and Grendel

25,386 Views | 192 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MattTheBrave
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Alrighty, this was a freaking pain but.... The red dot group buy is ACTIVE as are the Grendel Builds. You can own a clone of this guy!

Scope/Suppressor not included on the price, but this is about $300 less than I'd normally charge on one of these because I'm doing a mini run of them.

http://texianfirearms.com/catalog_detail.php?product_id=408008

Now, on to the red dots. This is going to be a bit weird. I have these up at great prices but you'll need to look through Holosun's website and look for the model you want. If you need advice, don't feel bashful about calling me at the store at 832-770-9358 and we can talk specifics on what you want. They have small red dots and larger 30mm tubes along with different reticles and even solar power. I can't list them straight up by UPC but the model is easily noticeable. At the pricing these are listed at, I just can't say what they are on the website or post pics.

Holosuns microdots:
http://www.holosun.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=63

Holosuns 30mm tube dots:
http://www.holosun.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=64

The faster we move on these, the faster the first batch will come in. I have to get about 200 units on order to get the best pricing and then after that I can order in bundles of about 10 at a time.

Red dots are listed here:

http://texianfirearms.com/catalog.php?category=110046

Merry Christmas everyone!
Duncan Idaho
Any chance you would do an upper barrel assembly only of the 6.5?
Chazz03
AG
Hell of a deal on the HS402C!
DatTallArchitect
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Any chance you would do an upper barrel assembly only of the 6.5?

Please!
AgsMnn
AG
Can we get these monthly threads put at top of the page? You are a paying sponsor and all and would make it easier.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
AgsMnn said:

Can we get these monthly threads put at top of the page? You are a paying sponsor and all and would make it easier.
Finally something we can agree on....
MROD92
tramaro1
AG
Next discussion which of these Holosun red dots is the best? Anyone currently own one?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
AgsMnn said:

So, that's a texags contract thing. Basically, usually the posts get stickied for 24 hours or so but that varies depending on what you pay. Obviously, with how my threads get bumped up a lot and have a lot more engagement, we don't worry about longterm stickies. Not something I can really bring up but if enough of the OB wants it, may be something they'd do. Dunno. One thing I do like about not being stickied, when something new is done on the thread, it's pretty obvious because it goes back to the front page.
AgsMnn
AgsMnn
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

AgsMnn said:

Finally something we can agree on....
scoodogg
AG
I have a Primary Arms magnifier with a high flip to side mount. Would any of these work with the high mount?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Yes, it will work with any of these that isn't with a low mount only, though I think most have both the high and the low mount.
scoodogg
AG
Thanks. That was my assumption, but wanted to be sure.
Sewell
AG
I would also be interested in an upper.
Naveronski
AgLA06
AG
Maybe I'm losing it, but I can't figure out where the "bar" models are. Don't see them on either link.
KaneIsAble
AG
You did that on purpose didn't you EG?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
AgLA06 said:

Maybe I'm losing it, but I can't figure out where the "bar" models are. Don't see them on either link.
Time to see me for new glasses.

http://texianfirearms.com/product.reddot-401bar-group-buy-2052

http://texianfirearms.com/product.reddot-hs400bar-group-buy-2052
Kuz89
AG
Any possibility of getting just just a completed Grendel upper? I've still got a lower from your earlier group buy that needs finishing out.

GE
AG
You going to be in the shop tomorrow? Might swing by on my way home from work.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Si. 11-7ish
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Kuz89 said:

Any possibility of getting just just a completed Grendel upper? I've still got a lower from your earlier group buy that needs finishing out.

Here's the deal:

I have two barrel/bolt combos available. Anything else will have to be ordered in. If you want a grendel upper, call me and we can do it over the phone. Just need to make sure I don't end up selling something that ends up not being available for a month.
CTGilley
AG
Too many options! Not sure what I want/need...
bam02
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

AgsMnn said:

So, that's a texags contract thing. Basically, usually the posts get stickied for 24 hours or so but that varies depending on what you pay. Obviously, with how my threads get bumped up a lot and have a lot more engagement, we don't worry about longterm stickies. Not something I can really bring up but if enough of the OB wants it, may be something they'd do. Dunno. One thing I do like about not being stickied, when something new is done on the thread, it's pretty obvious because it goes back to the front page.

I subconsciously skip over every stickied thread every time. Always have. I don't intend to but I do. Guess I kind of view it like junk mail in a way... again, it's a completely subconscious thing.

I view on TA mobile and look at the threads I've already clicked on mostly and scan for other interesting threads on page 1.
Turf.Ag13
AG
Eyeguy or anyone else! built my first AR a few months ago and currently has iron sights only. Not looking for anything over the top since I'm funding another build right now. just need a decent red dot for just shooting around a 100ish yards and having a good time. Any recs within the group buy?
Buck Compton
AG
EyeGuy, sent you an email on my custom Grendel build.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Just basic, the 403A or 403B... I prefer the ones with the solarcell since it gives better overall battery life.
TamuKid
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Just basic, the 403A or 403B... I prefer the ones with the solarcell since it gives better overall battery life.

Keep in mind the 403A uses Holosun's propreitary mounts. Vs the 403B can accept most other mounts, most notably those made for the Aimpoint T1/H1. That makes the 403B more versatile.
CTGilley
AG
Seriously, I need a chart or something comparing them all.
AGricola08
AG
Ok.. so I have done a fair amount of research on the 6.5 G ballistics vs 5.56 and .308 and generally understand the +'s and -'s...... what is not clear to me is whether the 6.5 G works with 223/556 mags? I have seen that they do, but with less capacity and also that they dont.... any insight is appreciated.
CashinOut
AG
PINETREE PRO TIP: If you buy the HS402C and *misplace* the receipt and bring it back to Academy, you can get $24,546 back in the spring
oneeyedag
Left handed please!

Yes I know righty works just fine, personal preference.
cmgigem
AG
I don't see the HS503G with the ASCC reticle. Any chance you can get those? I have been looking at one for my current build.
Caliber
AG
cmgigem said:

I don't see the HS503G with the ASCC reticle. Any chance you can get those? I have been looking at one for my current build.
I think the ACSS reticle is a Primary Arms exclusive.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.