Outdoors
Sponsored by

Paging agrams

1,973 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Goodest Poster
Finn Maccumhail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just sent you a message on FB
AgsMnn
AG
Wanting to build a dinning room table. What wood is best and available at local places around? Wanting to do a farm table design. It will be stained.
Goodest Poster
AG
Agrams, wanna build a little plaque for the ranch. We killed a 236 last weekend, so want to start a "Hall of fame" / leader board. Too small for you or have interest? If ud rather pm you can, or u have my address from OleMiss Olympian deal.
Satellite of Love
You could use lumber from HD or Lowes. They sell some milled pine and red oak. Or you could use 2x4s and 4x4s with some milling they could be usable.

Where are you located? Any lumber yards around that could help you out with materials?
EastTexAg09
Don't want to high jack this thread, but I am building a table as well out of white oak. What finish would you suggest? I want to stain it, but not sure what to seal it with.
AgsMnn
AG
I checked. They don't carry 2Xs.
agrams
AG
Just saw this thread. Jftx, I'll shoot you an email. A plaque would be pretty simple and I would just get a local trophy shop to etch in it whatever kind of title/layout you want. I'll email you this weekend sometime. I have some natural edge Mesquite shorts that would work pretty well if you like that style.

East, do you want a natural look/color? My go-to is just spray a coat of shellac then a topcost. Waterlox if you want a low profile/thinner finish is good, or you could do a poly if you want a thicker finish. You could do ok without the shellac, but you would need to do more topcoats of waterlox or poly. Those are the simplest finishes but there are tons of other options too.
Goodest Poster
AG
Agrams, never saw an email..hope i didnt delete it inadvertently.
Shoot me your thoughts when convenient and i will reply with a few. Did you ever finish the gift for Ole Miss guy?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.